Do it yourself? Night Sights

Climber

Hey guys,

Just got some Trijicon night sights for my Glock. I do not have a sight push tool and was considering doing it the old fashioned way- hammer style. You all have any luck doing it this way or would you suggest getting a tool or going to a smith? I have heard you have to be careful not only for scratching up the surface but possibly damaging the tritium cylinders if beating with a hammer.

If you recommend a smith, anyone in Chatt that could knock this project out quickly?

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try the smith at Sportsman's Supply in Hixson. His name is Rodney Brown. He has done several sight installs for me. His work is top not, all of my guns shot point of aim after he was through with them. His prices are also very reasonable. They are open Tues through Sat.

Guest 1817ak47

on a post somewhere I had heard that someone had one of the cylinders fall out cause they tapped the sights in instead of pushing them on with a pusher. I almost think they said that it voided the warranty also

• 5 months later...
on a post somewhere I had heard that someone had one of the cylinders fall out cause they tapped the sights in instead of pushing them on with a pusher. I almost think they said that it voided the warranty also

I remember that post as well. It could happen at anytime. The warrenty may be voided if there is visible damage from using a punch and hammer. However, those things are supposed to be in there well enough to be able to use them in "combat" type situations which could entail a dropped gun, banging it on a fence post while jumpin' after a criminal, falling down the stairs while it's holstered....I could go on and on about all the little bumps that COULD knock the tritium cylinders out. They have a warrenty for a reason. If installed correctly, they will replace or repair them. How you install them correctly is up to you. :)

P.S.....using a rubber mallet and a dowel pin while the slide is in a well padded vise works wonders for not creating damage.

Yes, I'm one of the idiots whom didn't look at the dates in the thread.....graveyard posting I guess.

Edited by kwe45919
OLD THREAD AND I POSTED IN IT!! DOH!!!
Guest Lester Weevils
[Accent=English] Well played, old man, well played. [/Accent]

It would be even more gooder if a deluxe version of the homeboy sights were available made of 24K gold with diamond dots. If Oh Shoot didn't buy a set, I'd just about have to.