The Wait Is Over

fastbs

picked up my marlin 917s today. (sportster barrel)

took it have the barrel cut down but the gun smith said he didn't tighten his lathe vise correctly and scratched the barrel so...

barrel cut to 18.75"

recrowned 11 degree target crown w/ 40 degree recessed champher

to make up for the scratch which i would have never thought anything about:

lapped bolt

tightened bolt grooves for tighter action

polished bolt & chamber rails

installed free wolf spring kit

said if the scratch bothered me he would get me a new barrel. i ain't complainin

+1 for daves pawn shop cookeville & crossville tn

DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2087.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg

DSCN2089.jpg

DSCN2091.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! Where is the one in Cookeville located? I may have to check it out.

103 North Willow Avenue

Cookeville, TN 38501-2369

(931) 372-7296

dralarms. good eye! that is a salt water tank. it's a little 10 gallon with about 15 lbs of live rock one fish i forget what kind (chromis maybe?) and a crab. it's low maintenance. I help a guy clean tanks on the side and after that mine get neglected.

Beautiful rifle! Hope it shoots as nice as it looks.

Me too. find out this afternoon if all goes well

Edited by fastbs
dralarms. good eye! that is a salt water tank. it's a little 10 gallon with about 15 lbs of live rock one fish i forget what kind (chromis maybe?) and a crab. it's low maintenance. I help a guy clean tanks on the side and after that mine get neglected.

Well if your ever over this way I'm serious about the toadstool leathers, Mine is a 150 gal and the only thing I have to worry about is evaporation.

I got a couple of small toadstools that would look good in that tank.

Well if your ever over this way I'm serious about the toadstool leathers, Mine is a 150 gal and the only thing I have to worry about is evaporation.

I got a couple of small toadstools that would look good in that tank.

thanks i appreciate the offer

got to play this mornin.

i was cranking on the scope a little between groups. each group is at least 5 shots. the 50 yd had 3 touching then went out to 100 yds to try 3 ammo types.

tried 3 ammo types.

bottom left hornady xtp 20 gr

bottom right CCI 17 gr the other shots were off the paper but it was similar to the xtp

top right fed vmax 17 gr

DSCN2092.jpg

rangesetup.jpg