Can Marrero find her way to work without a map?

Geez, this old bat ain't got a fricken clue...

Senate-Judiciary Debate in the Sen Judiciary cmte on SB2390

Try to follow her questions at 2:13:15 or so...I feel sorry for Jackson. And Kyle isn't any better (2:17:40). At least the bill goes to the Sen Floor, and would create an exception that allows a non-permit holder to have in their privately owned vehicle a shotgun or rifle that has an empty chamber and empty magazine/clip (would allow loose ammo, ammo in vest, etc to be in "close proximity"). This amendment arose when a constituent of Jackson's was driving home from turkey hunting with an empty shotgun in a soft case behind the seat and shells in a vest on the pssgr seat. He was stopped by "an unmarked black SUV" for not wearing a seat belt...during the stop, Mr zealous LEO also charged him with intent to go armed upon seeing the cased shotgun and the ammo in the vest. The man ended up pleading guilty and losing his gun because he could not afford to go to jury trial.

Edited by GKar
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egad - this woman's a freakin' nut!!! Check out her insane questions on SB0842 in the Senate Judiciary Committee meeting Feb 16. She even went so far as to ask why the hunter should be armed - were the deer armed? Do they need it to keep other hunters from poaching their deer?

Jackson's reply at 1:28 is priceless - "show me a need to RESTRICT the right to carry a firearm, and we can discuss that"...

My gosh, how did anyone ever decide to send her to office....

Guest CrazyLincoln

Here lies the problem. People elect representatives who have absolutely no analytical or critical thinking skills making decisions that affect those in and outside of their district. If you have to blabber on about some nonsense and "assume" to make a point, you have no business being a legislator.

Guest GunsRock

Yea she's not the brightest bulb in a dimly lit legislature. GKAR, I recently joined but I find your quotation from Skynyrd odd because they also sang this:

Hand guns are made for killin'

Ain't no good for nothin' else

And if you like your whiskey

You might even shoot yourself

So why don't we dump 'em people

To the bottom of the sea

Before some fool come around here

Wanna shoot either you or me

-Skynyrd, "Saturday Night Special"

Members of the band, like many of us, have matured considerably over the years - at least, those who are still alive. The lyrics you quote are older than you are, and reflect Ronnie Van Zant's youth...the lyrics in my sig are from their latest album, God and Guns, coming along after some 30+ years of seasoning.