• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best guess....

$800-900 for USP45 Tactical, or standard UPS45 + threaded barrel

$400-700 for the Suppressor

$200 for the Tax Stamp

So, $1400-1800 plus tax & tics would be the price range I would expect, depending entirely on the quality you're shopping for, or whether you buy used vs. new.

Guest clsutton21

Is that a conservative estimate or just about right at it? I'm looking at getting rid of some of my lower end items and upping the quality while downing the quantity.

$1400 would be conservative (but you could possibly pay less by buying used), $1800 would be the most one should reasonably expect to pay (but you could pay more if you wanted the baddest cool-kid stuff, I imagine).

For instance, I have seen used USP45s go for around $600... and one could pick up a threaded barrel for $150 or so perhaps, and then if you got a good deal on a low-end .45 suppressor, or a used one, you might be able to go cheaper. Honestly, I would expect a used Beretta 92FS to be the cheapest common centerfire to suppress, just have the barrel threaded and buy a suppressor... something like that should get you in under a grand. Or, try a .22lr semi-auto with a suppressor... the Walther P22 and suppressor packages a few vendors do are very affordable. That is, if you're not stuck on a .45 or an H&K...

Guest WPsharpshooter

Those are illegal!!!! Why do you need a silencer, are you wanting to kill people?

sarcasm BTW, Im actually looking to start one of these projects with a 22...keep us posted.

Guest clsutton21

Well I have a 9mm, and don't really see the need in owning a 22LR. I thought about going for the 45USP so I could have a nice quality firearm to carry. Maybe find a used, buy a threaded barrel, use the regular barrel when carrying, the threaded for fun.

Dude think about a .22 can. Every time we go to the range at least one .22 can comes with us. They are so much fun to play with. You can use them on so many different guns, rifles and pistols. What .45 rifles are out there,an HK USC and a Beretta Storm? My buddy has a .45 can and the only gun he shoots it on is a Sig P220.

I know its a BIG jump in cost, have you looked at the HK Mark 23 SOCOM?

Just so you know the threads are different on the Mark 23 and USP-T. The Mark 23 is 16mmx1.0 right hand and the USP-T is 16mmx1.0 left hand.

CLSUTTON,

I own an HK Tactical .45 with a Yankee Hill Machine suppressor I bought from Hero-Gear in Winchester, TN. I have owned the HK for several years and am very happy with the suppressor. One thing you should know is that real suppressors are not as quiet as the movie suppressors. With that said, I recommend that you look at the YHM website and you will know exactly what the suppressor will cost. You might want to go the HK Tactical route since it provides you with a threaded barrel. I honestly cannot tell you if buying a straight USP and buying a barrel is cheaper than buying a tactical but if you contact Joe at Hero-gear, he can advise you. I hope this information has been helpful.

Guest clsutton21
CLSUTTON,

I own an HK Tactical .45 with a Yankee Hill Machine suppressor I bought from Hero-Gear in Winchester, TN. I have owned the HK for several years and am very happy with the suppressor. One thing you should know is that real suppressors are not as quiet as the movie suppressors. With that said, I recommend that you look at the YHM website and you will know exactly what the suppressor will cost. You might want to go the HK Tactical route since it provides you with a threaded barrel. I honestly cannot tell you if buying a straight USP and buying a barrel is cheaper than buying a tactical but if you contact Joe at Hero-gear, he can advise you. I hope this information has been helpful.

I gotta make a stop up there at the end of the month. Plan on doing a bit of browser when I do. And yeah, I know it's not as quiet, I've heard 'em before in person.

If you ever want to hear a YHM I have a Mite and a M2 Cobra 45 you can check out. I have the adapters for the 45 can so it will work on 9mm, 40 cal. and 45. I haven't been able to try it on a 40 but it is hearing safe on 9mm or at least it is for me.

If you ever make it over this way let me know.

Edited by Verne
Guest clsutton21
If you ever want to hear a YHM I have a Mite and a M2 Cobra 45 you can check out. I have the adapters for the 45 can so it will work on 9mm, 40 cal. and 45. I haven't been able to try it on a 40 but it is hearing safe on 9mm or at least it is for me.

If you ever make it over this way let me know.

Alright thanks! I was trying to decide between this or a home defense shotgun as my next "project" after I pick up my Hero-15. :(