Well, Son of a B****

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

I went to pick up a G32 today and I was erroneously denied by the TBI. I have a

HCP, a secret clearance, a perfect record, I have never even had a speeding

ticket, I put my ss# to avoid this :devil: and still this happened.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Anyone else had this happen?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

We have sent Doug (HMFIC at TBI TICs) an email wondering why we have had such a high % of initial denials in the past 30 days.

I dont know if they are training new people or what, but have have had a ton of them denied only to be turned over 24 hours later.

FYI

We have sent Doug (HMFIC at TBI TICs) an email wondering why we have had such a high % of initial denials in the past 30 days.

I dont know if they are training new people or what, but have have had a ton of them denied only to be turned over 24 hours later.

Let us know what you find out Joe. I sincerely hope it is something as innocent as training new people.....:devil:

Do they not give a reason when application is denied ?

I Once was denied when the request went through the local PD. Turned out be a error at the PD.

Answered some questions and they walked the application through.

TICS unit staff are not allowed to give specific information about denials to anyone over the phone without authorization.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Firearm Background Checks

Guest 10mm4me

I filled out an appeal @ the shop as soon as it happened. The guy said it could take a day or a week. I am starting to think I shouldn't give my social just because it is 9 potential data entry errors waiting to keep me from my gun.

About 10 or 12 years ago while living in Texas I filled out papers on a Beretta A390st 12 ga. I was put on hold and told that if they did not give a reason why I was on hold after 72 hrs. they could release the shotgun.

The next afternoon I stopped by to check on the shot gun,they told me there was no news.While I was there I found my first and second handguns, HK USP .45's, I filled out the forms and with in a few minutes I was walking out the door with 2 .45's 6 spare mags and around 200 rounds of ammo.

The shotgun took the full 72 hrs. befor I could pick it up.

Guest 10mm4me

I cannot express the rage I feel right now, you try and be an upstanding citizen and you get :D on by the gov't and denied a constitutional right. Go F***ing figure. It may be the beer talking but whoever the hell ran my check can go play on the double yellow lines for all I care. Well, I did some reading and I guess the TBI has 15 days to provide proof to support the denial and deny my appeal then it goes to dealer discretion if they have nothing on me by then, I am cool w/the peeps @ G&L so if it comes to that I will be ok. Now, for another beer.......

I think most of us have been denied at one point or another. No biggie, especially if you've already had your HCP. :D

I was denied at a pawn shop 2 years ago for a Jennings J22. Both me and the shop owner laughed since I had my HCP and was carrying my Kimber at the time.....:P

I purchased a handgun from Personal Defense Options last summer. While I was pulling my DL out of my wallet the gentleman filling out the paper work noticed my DOE badge. He asked if I had a Q clearance and I advised I did not. He said that was good. His experience with selling to persons that have secret clearences is that a high precentage are automatically rejected because of the clearence. He specifically sited experince with selling to guards at the Oak Ridge facilities. Doesn't make sense but that's what the man said. :koolaid:

This unfortunately happens to me with more frequency than I care for. Ten years ago while stationed in Virginia I was the Duty NCO when a fight broke out. The MP's were called and a report filled out. About four years later I started getting denials. Turned out that the dumbass MP's had put my SSN on the line as one of the offenders and then sent it to the FBI. Now in the meantime I held a TS-SCI clearance and gotten my HCP. I have sent letters to the MP's, TBI and the FBI and still, to this day occassionally get denied. As a matter of fact it just happened last month. All I do is fill out the appeal and send a copy of my DD214 and it usually gets overturned in a couple of days. A week at the most. Frustrating, but it happens.

I bought a new M-9 at a local store and noticed there was "problems" on the phone. The mgr gets off the phone and says the serial # on the gun was reported to be stolen. This was a new gun in the box!

Turned out to be a typo at the TBI. Sounds like they have fat fingers over there.

I bought a new M-9 at a local store and noticed there was "problems" on the phone. The mgr gets off the phone and says the serial # on the gun was reported to be stolen. This was a new gun in the box!

Turned out to be a typo at the TBI. Sounds like they have fat fingers over there.

A gun shop in Louisiana I used to buy from (that got raided by the BATFE and shut down...AGAIN) reported guns stolen after Katrina that were already sold to customers after (fraudently) using police credentials to get the discounted price and sell them for retail price.

Guest 10mm4me
We are way past getting :poop: on by the .gov. I'm willing to bet there were no CHP's and background checks around the time the Constitution was framed.

True. I don't remember having to pay $115 to speak or pray.

A gun shop in Louisiana I used to buy from (that got raided by the BATFE and shut down...AGAIN) reported guns stolen after Katrina that were already sold to customers after (fraudently) using police credentials to get the discounted price and sell them for retail price.

The place I had this issue with, is a major chain. I doubt that was the case here but just a typo.