Mutt's Official Resignation

Guest Muttling

Guest Muttling

I greatly appreciate a number of members. OhShoot being 1st, but many others with him. There are a number of people who I have learned a LOT from on this site.

These are people who I don't always agree with, but are reasonable and realistic. People who argue from the basis of our laws and the realities of our society. A society that accepts differing opinions.

TGO is getting over-run with right wing lunatics and intelligent right wings aren't standing up to them. I have cried bull **** in several threads where people are claiming ALL LEO's are liers, saying it's right for out children to sing about killing their teachers, and more. Yet few stand up to these people.

This is EVERYTHING the conservatives tell me they stand against and the forum Liberal is only one who is consistently standing against it in this forum.

I am many things, but I will not be a supporter of a community who does not actually stand against the types of people I have mentioned above. You say you will, but you don't.

Cuss me all you like, I am WILLING stand alone if that is what it means to stand for what is right.

Don't ask me to stand by and watch like so many have.

With that, I give my resignation. I will miss my many friends on this forum along with the many things I have learned from you.

Sincerely,

Mutt

Edited by Muttling
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I would like to think that I stand up to people of extremist beliefs of all orientations...I might not be vocal enough for you, but I hardly think you're doing yourself or your cause any good by just pulling the Eric Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm going home".

TGO is getting over-run with right wing lunatics...

+10000.

I say, don't go, just stay out of the political threads, that's what I have to do. Many of the offenders feel insulated 'cause they feel that in the company of gunowners and second amendment supporters they'll find no one with views different from theirs... sometimes you just need to remind yourself that unreasonable people just can't be reasoned with.

Talk guns, avoid the politics, and TGO is much more fun IMO.

Guest Drewsett

Politics can be fun to discuss as long as you don't take it personally. I really enjoy playing Devil's Advocate, but I do admit it can get a little frustrating when people won't even agree to disagree...even after you just handed them their butts in an argument.

Guest Bronker

While I grasp the basis of your emotion, I'm not sure why you would term this a "resignation?"

Exactly what 'position' or 'office' did you hold here?

I would also submit that you have lost touch with what the true purpose of a forum community really is. While informative, educational, and purposeful...it truly is meant for entertainment purposes. I mean, realistically, if TGO shut down tonight, would your existence be altered all that much? Would your ability to function as a purposeful, productive adult really be diminished? I sincerely doubt it. I would hope not. If so, then there is something for you to worry about that is larger than the concern for your perception of the wavering course you see TGO to be heading in.

Don't let it get to you, Mutt. It's really just for fun. Don't take its impact too seriously.

Let turds be turds, let OhShoot be Chief. Meddle through the distraction, to find the things you need.

It's no different than life in general. How healthy is your regard for that?

Relax. Stress is bad for you. Pick your battles where it matters.

Guest Bluemax

This one caught me by suprise and I am saddened by his decision to leave the forum I didn't know Mutt personaly but can say that he donated some venison to a friend of mine, who's family is struggling and thats bona fides in my book. Maybe we ought to consider not whats wrong with Mutt but whats wrong with the rest of us

+10000.

I say, don't go, just stay out of the political threads, that's what I have to do. Many of the offenders feel insulated 'cause they feel that in the company of gunowners and second amendment supporters they'll find no one with views different from theirs... sometimes you just need to remind yourself that unreasonable people just can't be reasoned with.

truth.

Guest jackdm3

"This one caught me by suprise and I am saddened by his decision to leave the forum I didn't know Mutt personaly but can say that he donated some venison to a friend of mine, who's family is struggling and thats bona fides in my book. Maybe we ought to consider not whats wrong with Mutt but whats wrong with the rest of us"

Tough chance.

Guest Bronker
This one caught me by suprise and I am saddened by his decision to leave the forum I didn't know Mutt personaly but can say that he donated some venison to a friend of mine, who's family is struggling and thats bona fides in my book. Maybe we ought to consider not whats wrong with Mutt but whats wrong with the rest of us

I'm sure Mutt is a great guy.

But don't tell me there's something wrong with me, just because your buddy chose to vent.

good quote

That's a nice thing of him to do, but I don't think we outta make Mutt Jesus Christ here. He's had some pretty outrageous views and has been, IMHO, overly argumentative and pretty outlandish on several occasions.

Yea there's some tools on TGO, welcome to Earth. I understand people getting upset with the board, leaving for a few days or whatever, but honestly who writes a farewell post? It's a little self-serving and egotistical. It's like walking into a room and saying "I'm leaving! I want you all to know how much you're going to miss me!" then going outside the room and listening through the door to see what people say.

Guest Drewsett

I don't recall anyone saying there was anything wrong with Muttling....I certainly don't think that there is anything wrong with ME and wish that no one would imply otherwise....

Just because I said that I thought leaving was a bit of a cop out doesn't mean that I think there is something WRONG with Muttling.

Well, maybe we shouldn't. For someone who complains about the "ignorant spew from conservatives", he's sure got his panties in a wad over a perceived 'lack of respect' for his views.

Calling me a lock-step nazi isn't helping his argument too much either. So, with all due respect, truly no insult intended, the best response I can muster is....

Bye!

Guest mosinon

I think my take will a little different than most everyone else's.

first OhShoot is a really cool guy, he's taught me a lot. So I agree. He's cool in real life as well. And I met him because of TGO so there's a definite good side to TGO.

On the other hand, if you're getting upset over political posts on website then it probably isn't worth it to you to stick around here. I don't know that a single argument has ever been settled over the internet, once you're behind that keyboard everyone is a little more sure of themselves and every comment is a little more scrutinized than they would be if you were drinking beers and chatting about the topic.

People can be much more dogmatic on the net than in real life because they don't have to actually interact with the other person.

With that in mind I believe that seeing the internet as a place of legitimate debate, as a forum to actually change minds, is giving the net too much credit. So if it actually upsets you instead of entertaining you, you would probably be better served by moving on.

I've enjoyed your posts so I'll miss you but if it is upsetting you, you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Guest Bluemax
I'm sure Mutt is a great guy.

But don't tell me there's something wrong with me, just because your buddy chose to vent.

I'm not telling anybody anything except that before we pass judgement or criticize anothers actions we take a look at ourselves. Obviously you misread my post..I have never met Mutt our even talked to him but he did donate some meat to a needy family that I know of if thats makes us buddies then hell yes call it what you like

+10000.

Bring support to your arguments and I'm willing to listen. That goes for anyone. I'm not a staunch Republican, but don't support massive government. Both parties are inch worming there way to the precipice, and that inch worm has gotten HUGE and covers a lot more miles with all those little bureaucratic legs.

Guest Bronker
I'm not telling anybody anything except that before we pass judgement or criticize anothers actions we take a look at ourselves. Obviously you misread my post..I have never met Mutt our even talked to him but he did donate some meat to a needy family that I know of if thats makes us buddies then hell yes call it what you like

At what point did statements made by anyone here get critical and judgmental? Recall who wrote the original post, and let's together reflect on where we might find such comments:

"I greatly appreciate a number of members. OhShoot being 1st, but many others with him. There are a number of people who I have learned a LOT from on this site.

These are people who I don't always agree with, but are reasonable and realistic. People who argue from the basis of our laws and the realities of our society. A society that accepts differing opinions.

TGO is getting over-run with right wing lunatics and intelligent right wings aren't standing up to them. I have cried bull **** in several threads where people are claiming ALL LEO's are liers, saying it's right for out children to sing about killing their teachers, and more. Yet few stand up to these people.

This is EVERYTHING the conservatives tell me they stand against and the forum Liberal is only one who is consistently standing against it in this forum.

I am many things, but I will not be a supporter of a community who does not actually stand against the types of people I have mentioned above. You say you will, but you don't.

Cuss me all you like, I am WILLING stand alone if that is what it means to stand for what is right.

Don't ask me to stand by and watch like so many have.

With that, I give my resignation. I will miss my many friends on this forum along with the many things I have learned from you.

Sincerely,

Mutt"

If you're going to be an apologist, remember why us "bad guys" are supposed to be sorry.