Quick question for you Glock heads!

Guest BigNoise

Guest BigNoise

I'm looking at a g26 or 27, because of my big hands I will have to use the mag extension. So, is it safe to say that a G19 with the flush mag would be a better choice seeing as how I would be adding some extra Height with an extension?

From Glock's site:

G26

LENGTH

160 mm / 6.29 in.

HEIGHT

106 mm / 4.17 in.

G19

LENGTH

174 mm / 6.85 in.

HEIGHT

127 mm / 5.00 in.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigNoise

Cool, thats what I was thinking. Its funny, everyone buying subcompact guns but using extended mags.....kinda defeats the purpose as far as concealment goes doesn't it?

To me it kind of depends on your frame size. I have a 19 and a 26 that I went ahead and put the extension on one magazine just to see the actual felt difference. At that point you really only have about a 1/2 inch difference between the two guns. I am a smaller guy and the 26 even with the extended mag carries better for me. But if you are a bigger guy I can't see it making all that much difference.

As someone else pointed out in another similar thread, a Pearce mag extension (slanted bottom) kind of plays like a 1911 bobtail, in terms of printing. You get a similar effect.

Some folks find the extra pinky room helps their shooting. Personally I don't see much difference in my own shooting experience. Now, I find it a bigger help in getting a good handle on the draw.

get the g19. with the g26 and the mag ext on it make the g26 the same as the g19. but if it was me i would get the g23 and then get a 9mm conversion barrel and g19 mags. now you got two guns in one, a 9mm and 40 s&w. then later i would get a 357 sig barrel, now you got three guns. you can use the g23 mags for the 357sig.

Cool, thats what I was thinking. Its funny, everyone buying subcompact guns but using extended mags.....kinda defeats the purpose as far as concealment goes doesn't it?

No, because I can use all 3 mag sizes in my 27.

• 1 month later...

The finger grooves on the 19/23 are much tighter/closer together than the ones found on the 26/27 or 17/22 frames (which are the same size just one more finger groove on the large frame).

I've got medium/large hands and the 19/23's have never felt right for me. IMO if you can hide a 19/23 you can hide a 17/22 anyways... it's only 1/2" difference.

Guest LieutenantDan67

I'm a large fella (6'4", about 280....I'm big-boned, dammit! LOL). I've got big hands and had issues holding a G26.

I owned an old G17 for awhile, but when I held a new G19 last year, I was sold. It fits my hand perfectly, was smaller than the 17 but still holds about 16 rounds I believe. Very comfortable gun and shoots well, and very easy to care for.

The only reason I don't carry it every day is because one out of four of the people I work with would freak out if they knew I carried to work, the other three are fine with it...but the one is one of the two bosses.

Soooo...my EDC is pocket-carry a S&W 642. :tough:

What would I LOVE to do? Be able to OC my G19 in a Galco or my 1911 in it's Galco...OC is sooo comfy! Yes, I'd cover it a bit with untucked t-shirt or button down, but just wouldn't want to have to worry over full concealment for at-work, you know? To go out and about though...concealed.