Any suggestions on tactical shotgun?

bassmaster

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

Best bang for the buck is a new Mossberg 590A1 series. Can be had with the ghost ring sights for $360 new if you shop around.

I have a Franchi SPAS-12 myself and I like it but they are overly complicated and as of now expensive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my home defense shotgun,a highly modified saiga 12 that i worked on a long time getting right but it shots everytime now with no missfires and eats shotgun shells like candy! i can run 20 rounds of 12 ga 00 buck threw this gun in 2 to 3 seconds and it will even fire cheap wally world bulk packs also. this shotgun will make them run or hamburger!!! but really is a little overkill but fun to shot, my home defense is a hk usp .45.

012-1.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you may find this wedge spacer useful for just $6. If you go with ghost ring sights or a red dot, the normal configuration should be fine, but for me it was hard to get down on the small beads without pushing my cheek into the knoxx stock which is uncomfortable when shooting.

ATI Collapsible Stock Drop Spacer 1/2 " Lower - MOSSBERG by Combathunting.com

I'm glad you posted that. I didn't know they made something like that. I just put a ATI stock on my Mossberg and have the same problem which gets really bad with my bifocals on. I have been thinking I may have made a mistake buying it but that may take care of the problem.

no problem, i think it may solve a lot of peoples problems. i haven't ordered them yet because shipping is 12.99, so i'm waiting until i have a few more things to order, but i plan on ordering 2 of them when i do.

I'm glad you posted that. I didn't know they made something like that. I just put a ATI stock on my Mossberg and have the same problem which gets really bad with my bifocals on. I have been thinking I may have made a mistake buying it but that may take care of the problem.
this is my home defense shotgun,a highly modified saiga 12 that i worked on a long time getting right but it shots everytime now with no missfires and eats shotgun shells like candy! i can run 20 rounds of 12 ga 00 buck threw this gun in 2 to 3 seconds and it will even fire cheap wally world bulk packs also. this shotgun will make them run or hamburger!!! but really is a little overkill but fun to shot, my home defense is a hk usp .45.

012-1.jpg

That is quite possibly the most tacticool shotgun I've ever seen. :D

Guest smileyguy
I have the Mossberg 930spx. Get s0me!

Sold mine. It was fun to shoot, but it wasn't reliable enough for HD. I keep a good old fashion pump action and a 357 handy.

Guest smileyguy
What problem did you have with your spx?

It just jammed up a lot. Mainly misfeeds, some fte. At first I thought it just needed a good break in, but after about 400 rounds of various loads and many thourough cleanings, the problem persisted. Loved the feel of the 930spx. Loved 8+1. Loved the ghost rings. Just wouldn't bet my life on the one I had. From what I've heard from others, theirs were very reliable. Mine was not. Never had a problem with my pump. I would trust my life with it.

Edited by smileyguy
It just jammed up a lot. Mainly misfeeds, some fte. At first I thought it just needed a good break in, but after about 400 rounds of various loads and many thourough cleanings, the problem persisted. Loved the feel of the 930spx. Loved 8+1. Loved the ghost rings. Just wouldn't bet my life on the one I had. From what I've heard from others, theirs were very reliable. Mine was not. Never had a problem with my pump. I would trust my life with it.

That's the same story that I hear from alot of spx owners. They are perfect or they are jam o matics. Believe it or not I got mine back in August and I have yet to shoot it. I may get over to Range USA in a week or two and do a little shooting. When I purchased it I was doing my shooting in Brighton, but that range has since closed so I have only been shooting my g19( edc) on a regular basis.