Spoiled by the CZ

jay1313g

About a year ago, I bought a CZ PCR based on all the great reviews and have probably shot it more than anything else I have. I've really become quite fond of it.

Last week, a friend at work came to me and offered me his Glock 19 (2nd gen) at a sweet deal. I couldn't pass it up because, well, it is a GLOCK 19, one of the most desired handguns on the market. A Glock 19 is simply the meat and potatoes of a carry handgun. :rock: I couldn't wait to shoot this piece of immortality! (I'd regretted selling the 26 I had years ago.)

I took it to the range today and left disappointed. Sure, it was reliable and accurate as the CZ but, it just didn't have the same feel. My heart just didn't fall for it. Maybe it'll just take more rounds down the pipe. I think the CZ has spoiled me! I prefer the comfortable grip of the CZ to the blocky grip of the Glock.

I don't know if anyone else has gone through the same thing but I think this 19 will be hitting the market soon.

If anyone is considering a CZ product, you will not be sorry! Take the plunge.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
About a year ago, I bought a CZ PCR based on all the great reviews and have probably shot it more than anything else I have. I've really become quite fond of it.

Last week, a friend at work came to me and offered me his Glock 19 (2nd gen) at a sweet deal. I couldn't pass it up because, well, it is a GLOCK 19, one of the most desired handguns on the market. A Glock 19 is simply the meat and potatoes of a carry handgun. :rock: I couldn't wait to shoot this piece of immortality! (I'd regretted selling the 26 I had years ago.)

I took it to the range today and left disappointed. Sure, it was reliable and accurate as the CZ but, it just didn't have the same feel. My heart just didn't fall for it. Maybe it'll just take more rounds down the pipe. I think the CZ has spoiled me! I prefer the comfortable grip of the CZ to the blocky grip of the Glock.

I don't know if anyone else has gone through the same thing but I think this 19 will be hitting the market soon.

If anyone is considering a CZ product, you will not be sorry! Take the plunge.

Thoughts on the P07, or the RAMI?

Guest Bronker
Recently bought a CZ Rami Compact. So far, I really like it. This one is the SA/Da version, which isn't my favorite of the compacts; but it is growing on me.

Is it the polymer version? 9mm?

I actually would prefer the SA/DA at this point.

Size-wise, what would you compare it to as far as the Glock or XD family?

Bronker, you need to just go get a CZ already! P07, Rami, P01, 75 You can't go wrong and you'll end up with most of them anyway.:blink:

Seriously though, the P07 is a tad longer in the grip than a G19 but thinner. The slide is bit heavier and thicker than the G19. The P07 weighs more but it isn't all that noticeable to me. The Rami is a bit large version of the G26 in the ways mentioned above. All the CZ's are ergonomically superior to the Glocks by a long shot. :rock:

Guest Bronker
Bronker, you need to just go get a CZ already! P07, Rami, P01, 75 You can't go wrong and you'll end up with most of them anyway.:blink:

Seriously though, the P07 is a tad longer in the grip than a G19 but thinner. The slide is bit heavier and thicker than the G19. The P07 weighs more but it isn't all that noticeable to me. The Rami is a bit large version of the G26 in the ways mentioned above. All the CZ's are ergonomically superior to the Glocks by a long shot. :rock:

I know it! We've been talking about it for weeks! I'm actually going tomorrow to look at a line-up of them, and will likely walk away with something 'special'!!! I'm at the point now that I feel like I'll ''know it when I see it,'' so I cant yet speculate on which one I REALLY like. Can't tell on a computer monitor.

Aren't you tired of that P07 yet? I could be persuaded...

If I buy a CZ, Nate, you'll be the first to know!:D

I know it! We've been talking about it for weeks! I'm actually going tomorrow to look at a line-up of them, and will likely walk away with something 'special'!!! I'm at the point now that I feel like I'll ''know it when I see it,'' so I cant yet speculate on which one I REALLY like. Can't tell on a computer monitor.

Aren't you tired of that P07 yet? I could be persuaded...

If I buy a CZ, Nate, you'll be the first to know!:blink:

This is probably the longest I've held onto a gun! I like it.:rock: IF you are looking at the P07, make sure the mags drop free in it. If not CZ will replace it for no charge, but It's better to get the newest version with the issue already corrected.

Guest Bronker
This is probably the longest I've held onto a gun! I like it.:blink: IF you are looking at the P07, make sure the mags drop free in it. If not CZ will replace it for no charge, but It's better to get the newest version with the issue already corrected.

Thanks for the heads-up! The P07 is a contender, for sure.:rock:

Bronker, I got the alloy version, 9mm. Considerably smaller than the xd9sc. Smaller hands like mine will find that the little finger will rest comfortably under the mag. At least mine does. Holds great. Shoots really well and very accurate. Seems to have a little more snap to it than the xd9, really closer to a full size 40 to me. I was using S&B fmj and winchester slivertips, with a few Prvi Partisan fmj. About 75 rounds and no problems with the 10 round mags. Had a 18 rounder that gave a few FTF's. Possible weak spring, tried to retension it, but haven't taken it back out yet.

Guest Bronker
Bronker, I got the alloy version, 9mm. Considerably smaller than the xd9sc. Smaller hands like mine will find that the little finger will rest comfortably under the mag. At least mine does. Holds great. Shoots really well and very accurate. Seems to have a little more snap to it than the xd9, really closer to a full size 40 to me. I was using S&B fmj and winchester slivertips, with a few Prvi Partisan fmj. About 75 rounds and no problems with the 10 round mags. Had a 18 rounder that gave a few FTF's. Possible weak spring, tried to retension it, but haven't taken it back out yet.

Great info. Thanks!:rock:

You won't have any problem selling the G19, there's at least 3 on here look'n for one !

Yeah.... but I'm sure I'll be on the wrong side of the state from them. I have a guy at work asking about it already.

What do you think I can get for it?

2nd Gen G19 with very, very slight holster wear (Have to look hard to see it.)

5 mags (2 are G17)

Nylon sholder holster

Nylon double mag pouch

Original plastic case

I was ballparking $550????

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Bronker, you need to just go get a CZ already! P07, Rami, P01, 75 You can't go wrong and you'll end up with most of them anyway.

Ditto.gif

I own a 75 Compact .40S&W and a RAMI 2075 in 9mm. I love both of them.

Guest Sgt. Joe
You won't have any problem selling the G19, there's at least 3 on here look'n for one !

If any of those look'n are on the West by Gosh end, the Great Outdoors store in Jackson has at least one new one in the showcase. I believe it was in the 500 range. FWIW