Mike Huckabee Ad - Endorsed by Chuck Norris

waynesan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bugged me about the ad was the fact that our 2A rights are safe with Huckabee because he is a hunter.

If the freakin politicians do not understand that 2A is NOT about hunting what chance do we stand if they are elected? So what my bolt action rifle is safe, what about my non sporting guns I have?

Guest looneeetunes

yeah i heard about this on the radio the other day. in my eyes it kind of makes anyone fighting for second amendment rights look like a fool. does push ups he pushes the earth down.... pleeeeease

I really think the thing about candidates and the perennial talk about how they are pro 2A because they are hunters has merit.

What do the rest of you all think about this?

Personally I think it is BS and 2A has nothing to do with hunting. The man wants to keep us down and really does not give a crap about thugs and criminals in spite of all the feel good legislation proposed about gun control. All the man cares about is keeping his elected office. To hell with the rest of us!

Mike, you said,

What bugged me about the ad was the fact that our 2A rights are safe with Huckabee because he is a hunter.

If the freakin politicians do not understand that 2A is NOT about hunting what chance do we stand if they are elected? So what my bolt action rifle is safe, what about my non sporting guns I have?

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. We've seen politicians pander for the pro-gun vote many times and use the "I won't take your hunting rifles away" in their feeble attempt to gain our support.

I am not pushing anyone towards a vote for Huckabee. I thought the video I posted was kinda funny and thought others might find the humor in it as well. But with any 60 second commercial you can only say so much. All bases cannot be covered. But Huckabee does have a very pro 2nd Amendment record as Gov. of Arkansas and his website has some very pro-gun statements that sound like he is a very good friend to us. He even has a concealed weapons permit ( first Governor to do so )

To read his 2nd Amendment stand see this: http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Issues.View&Issue_id=18

Here is an excerpt:

The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be

able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property. Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography.

I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill.

As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits.

I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license.

The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting.

That he says this impresses me a lot. He should have said this in his ad, not the Fudd like statement from Norris. If he is on our ballot he stands a chance of garnering my vote.

I just went an reviewed his website and his stand on a myriad of issues. he really sounds like a good candidate. Certainly better than Rudy and the witch of the east.