Where can I see a SR-9c ?

Thince1980

Sgt. Joe, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble out of you new SR9C. I saw one this weekend at G&L and really liked the way it fit my hand. I will be interested to see how your issue is resolved.

I would be very hesitant to buy any new style of gun for the simple reason that most seem to have some flaw when they are released. I heard that the new Taurus Slim has had some issues, the Ruger LCP had a recall early and you are having problems with the SR9C. Personally, I would not buy a new model until it had been out for 6 months to a year. I don't have a need to be one of the 1st to own a particular gun no matter how much I liked the look and feel of it.

Good luck with yours and keep us posted. I would expect that it will be made right but it may take a while.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett
It scared the fire outa me!

I can say that would accurately described my reaction in that situation as well. Although I think I would be alot more ticked off than you seem to be. I wouldn't have been mean to the guys at my shop or anything, but I would have some pretty long, loud, and forceful conversations with someone at Ruger.

Guest Sgt. Joe
I can say that would accurately described my reaction in that situation as well. Although I think I would be alot more ticked off than you seem to be. I wouldn't have been mean to the guys at my shop or anything, but I would have some pretty long, loud, and forceful conversations with someone at Ruger.

No I was not upset with "my guys" as they were as freaked out as I was.

And when I spoke with Ruger this AM and they were extremely polite and seemed very concerned.

They said they would pay to overnight it to them and give it Priority status for whatever that is worth. Or I could return it to my store and they would send them an overnight label.

I took it back to my shop and they also talked to Ruger and rather than wait for Ruger to send a mailing label my shop is going to overnight it to them today so they will have it tomorrow.

After looking more closely at it, I have a feeling I will get a different gun.

The pins are metal but the frame is that glass filled polymer stuff, which to me means fiberglass filled plastic.

Given that... I dont see how it could be "fixed" the hole for the pin is just too large for the pin IMO and therefore the whole lower will have to be replaced. Since it is where the serial number is...?....New gun or at least a new lower and serial #, I dont see any other way it could be done. I could have super glued the thing back in there but it is meant to come out for a complete breakdown.

But we shall see. I held on to my S&W PPK when it was initially recalled as I could not reproduce the AD issue using the de-coking device. Some folks sent them in early last year and waited six months or longer to get them back. I kept mine until the backlog was over and sent it in Oct and had it back in 10 days.:mad:

I AM "expecting" the same time frame from Ruger.....Time will tell about that but for now, I have its big brother on my hip and I am content to wait a bit, I do not think I will need to "Open a Can" on them but if need be...?.... I do have a few cans left:p