I suppose it was just a matter of time.

I've been a hardcore XD guy since I started purchasing guns. I never hated GLOCKS, but I just didn't like a lot of things about them. The trigger pull, ergonomics, serrations, and the damn company motto. Needless to say I would tease my buddies about owning GLOCKs.

I've been looking for an XD sub compact for about 5 weeks and couldn't find one. I got so desperate I decided to just go for a G26. It was a last minute decision that I was afraid I was going to regret.

I LOVE the gun. Hands down, most comfortable gun I have ever carried, and I've carried a few guns. I forget it's even there, and I love the fact that it's so comfortable that I don't even care about taking it off when I get home.

GLOCKs started to grow on me after that, and now I'm looking to purchase my second GLOCK. I'm going to purchase a G17.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Do you guys know any shop that is selling the new generation 4 G17s? Are they even out yet? I rather purchase from one of the vendors on the forums.

2. I've noticed that the recoil spring/rod assembly on the G26 doesn't stay put on the little half circle cut out on the barrel. Is that normal? I'm afraid I'm going to break the damn thing when I fire the gun.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting into "this is better than that" doesn't matter sometimes, does it? I like my Glocks, too. Congrats for having an open mind. They're good guns. I bought a 1911

recently, but I still carry my G30. Only thing I'm hardcore about guns is having them.:koolaid:

Getting into "this is better than that" doesn't matter sometimes, does it?

Yeah, I was never a one or the other kind of guy. It's just different flavors. That said, I love the XDM for the range, home defense, and maybe even during a disaster when I know things will get back to normal. I love the feel, trigger, and look.

However my "go to war gun" is going to be a GLOCK. As soon as I cracked one open to check out the insides I knew I had been sold. It's just so plain and simple. And who doesn't like plain and simple during a SHTF situation?

However my "go to war gun" is going to be a GLOCK.

I kinda feel that same way... but they've never been there. And from what I understand, they would never survive the Army trials. The old 1911's and Beretta M9's were unstoppable. Can't remember where I read that info...

2. I've noticed that the recoil spring/rod assembly on the G26 doesn't stay put on the little half circle cut out on the barrel. Is that normal? I'm afraid I'm going to break the damn thing when I fire the gun.

I think that is normal, but it may not be. All 3(2 17s and a 23) that I have owned do it.

I saw and handled a 4th gen G17 the other day at Guns and Leather... Felt pretty good with the smallest grip (no attachments), I would've bought it except the new recoil assembly seems on the flimsy side to me, I'm going to wait a little while longer as 3rd gens fit me fine.

I saw and handled a 4th gen G17 the other day at Guns and Leather... Felt pretty good with the smallest grip (no attachments), I would've bought it except the new recoil assembly seems on the flimsy side to me, I'm going to wait a little while longer as 3rd gens fit me fine.

Isn't the recoil assembly the same design as the sub-compacts?

I've never noticed this "feature" on my G26.

So, like during field strip it just doesn't want to stay in place? Not mine.

Sounds kind of odd.

It is in place, just not all the way. When I remove the slide the recoil assembly is about half way off where it sits against the barrel. If you look at the barrel and guide rod with the slide all the way back you will see that the barrel has moved to the rear while the guide rod stays in place. So the guide rod looses contact with the barrel and looks like it is pressed against the slide release.

Edited by Superman
Guest dougmcfalls

I have a G-26 with a Crimson Trace Laser Grip. I love it and I'm a 1911 guy. I have a G-17 and a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 with 33 round G-17 mags to round out the set! My Glocks are 3rd Gen. But the 4th Gen guns are out. They have a Gen 4 G-17 at the local store in Sevierville. You will find that the G-26 is a great CCW piece.

I've been eyeing the 26 a lot lately. I don't own any sub-compact guns, and it would fit the bill nicely... however, I really want to try out a G36 Slimline.

I kinda feel that same way... but they've never been there. And from what I understand, they would never survive the Army trials. The old 1911's and Beretta M9's were unstoppable. Can't remember where I read that info...

Glocks havent been a standard issue sidearm, but some military units have in fact procured and used them.

Guest HexHead

Nashville Sporting Arms on Charlotte in West Nashville had 4th Gen G17 last time I looked.

I have a G19 & a 26 and the 26 is definitely a keeper. Especially since I just got a .22 conversion kit for it. ;)

Edited by HexHead

Purchased a new G17 4th edition at Guns and Leather today. It ain't pretty, but with the interchangeable back-straps it's a lot more comfortable than the 3rd generation.

I shot the G17 just about the same as my XDM 9mm. The strange thing is that I actually shot my G26 more accurate than the XDM and the G17. I think it's that little uncomfortable bump on the end of the grip.

Thanks for answering my questions guys!