Ohhh! See how they scatter!

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Help me understand this. Burger joint you like posts incorrectly? You go out of your way to point this out to them?

Now you're pissed off and again go out of your way to leave some kind of pro 2A cards lying around.

Is this the correct scenario?

That's what I interpret as well. Although I can understand the thought behind this, I think that we all would be better suited to just keep quiet, let all of the excitement die down, and let the liberal blowhards move on to some other issue. A great deal of the unnecessary--and now suicidal--attention brought to this issue has been flamed by the very group of citizens that stood to benefit from it...the gun owners.

I think if we had just let this quietly pass, and not flamed the fire with our emboldened rhetoric, we would not have been required to fight the battle all over again. It angers me to have to 'play their game', but nonetheless, we have to 'play their game.' Just the way it is.

I have a little history with Huey's.

Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to them when they first posted their sign in the East Memphis location.

I'm sure you know what this is about from the title so I won't go into great

detail about the law.

I am a married man, 36 years old with 4 children, college educated (degree

plus more), church going, tax paying, law abiding citizen of Memphis,

Tennessee that has decided that crime in Memphis, and everywhere, is such a

threat that decided to protect my family by obtaining a handgun permit by

going through the required training, multiple background checks and

appropriate fees and paperwork.

I drove by your East Memphis location on Poplar, which I eat at a minimum of

once a month, 6 times in the month of June, and saw the signs on the doors.

Before, the state law would not allow me to come in armed, I would leave it

in my car which is not safe in the car break in capital of the state. But

today, you have shown your distrust of me. You don't believe that I can

handle myself appropriately if I am armed and there is alcohol in the same

building.

Do you understand that you have patrons, that are not law abiding citizens,

that are criminals, that are gang members, that don't have permits, that are

carrying into your locations today, yesterday, and will continue into the

future. They don't care about the laws, that is why they are criminals.

You might say, Hey, there are not gang members in my restaurant, bull, they

like to eat too. Saw gang graffiti at Corky's Sunday. There are signs all

over East Memphis and else where.

While I don't agree with your decision, I will respect your decision by not

coming back to your restaurants. I hate that, I really love your food, love

the burgers, absolutely love the steak sandwich(my favorite). But you made

the decision that I am not welcome, after all the writing is on the "door".

The subject says "discrimination" that is a very strong word and I used it

cautiously, Webster's defines discrimination as the treatment or

consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person

or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or

thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious

intolerance and discrimination. As you can see, you have said because I am

part of a "group" ie, permit holders, that I am not welcome.

I hope and wish you continued success and I know you losing my business

won't hurt you, but wanted to be heard nonetheless.

Thank you for your time.

Here is there response:

HueysLetter.jpg

I spoke with an insurance guy that is a friend of mine, and he said it could be possible that their rates on liability insurance goes up, but it wouldn't be that much due to other states/businesses/coverage that is already in place.

Guest jackdm3

I remember you posting your letter and it is spot on. They were kind in their words back to you, but I think your insurance friend knows more than they are willing to disclose. Their rates may go up a smidge to allow us, but they are PACKED at every meal and can certainly afford it. Interesting to note that not all Huey's were posted a little while back while this Poplar location has been posted ever since the law. I'm going to go to the other locations and see if they're all posted now. Because if they aren't, I'd really like to know while they single out only one or two. IIRC the Midtown location wasn't posted a few months ago and that's the first place I would expect to see a posting, considering their political demographics.

I remember you posting your letter and it is spot on. They were kind in their words back to you, but I think your insurance friend knows more than they are willing to disclose. Their rates may go up a smidge to allow us, but they are PACKED at every meal and can certainly afford it. Interesting to note that not all Huey's were posted a little while back while this Poplar location has been posted ever since the law. I'm going to go to the other locations and see if they're all posted now. Because if they aren't, I'd really like to know while they single out only one or two. IIRC the Midtown location wasn't posted a few months ago and that's the first place I would expect to see a posting, considering their political demographics.

Post up when you find out. I don't think their business is hurting at all, not by the lines and crowded parking lots I've seen. Yea, midtown, I won't go there not armed, I use to work in Midtown, across from Methodist Hospital.

Guest jackdm3

I asked Hunley last night and he said he'd come up with something that you guys could print out on your own. Your only difficulty will be taking his 10-card "Front" image and printing the corresponding "Back" image on the same sheet. Most of our printers won't deal with thick, business card stock. These are nice cards. Nothing that we could get with our printers. I'm thinking that he could at least send the files to a Mac-aficionado in Nash, Knox and Chatt. and let you guys spread them from there. I could send some of the ones I have to you guys individually, but you'll use them really fast and we'll be right where we started.

Fellas, I am not going to let this die here! This is the grassroots campaign! Hoorah!

Let me find out the money. The cost is mostly in the setup charges, so it's probably lots cheaper to print a bunch in one place and distribute (if that's an option). Can Hunley provide Illustrator files for the seperations? AFIK, my folks don't use digital presses. I think they're direct to plate. The guy I'll see tonite is responsible for their presses, so he'll know all the technical.

Guest jackdm3

He works in a large printing facility. He's Mac based, as are most people in creative fields. I hope that he'll post a new thread with all the links necessary. He'll tell everyone what they need to print. Like I said, I'll stay on this. There is another card at the TFA website that has another card, but I liked this one better.

Mac or PC doesn't matter in that world so much anymore. It did in the beginning, but a lot of final art is generated on PC's these days. Adobe Illustrator is almost universal, and it doesn't care about the OS.

My buds do lots of work for the music industry. My real point was, once they cock the presses for the job, they may as well run a few. Reminds me of the time I took a 727 from Nashville to Memphis. The problem was stopping in time :-)