9mm shot shells

JReedEsq

I've seen 9mm shot shells and I've been told people use these for snakes but I've also heard that .38 shotshell in a revolver is better because you don't have to worry about the shell not having enough umph to cycle the slide. Anybody use these in a 9mm auto? I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 and neither has ever had a FTF with any ammo. My thought was to maybe carry one of these in the chamber when in the woods but I'm not sure if they are a gimmick or what.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't tried in a Glock, but have verified that the CCI 9mm shot shells will adequately cycle a Taurus PT111 and a Taurus 709 slim.

Related, have had similar success with the .45 shot shells in several guns - but the .40 cal shot shells would not correctly cycle a Glock, an EMP or an XD subcompact.

Guest Drewglynn
I've seen 9mm shot shells and I've been told people use these for snakes but I've also heard that .38 shotshell in a revolver is better because you don't have to worry about the shell not having enough umph to cycle the slide. Anybody use these in a 9mm auto? I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 and neither has ever had a FTF with any ammo. My thought was to maybe carry one of these in the chamber when in the woods but I'm not sure if they are a gimmick or what.

Was dissapointed after buying a box of these in 9mm.. Would not cycle my Taurus or glock everytime.. Not reliable, would much rather shoot a snake with my normal carry rounds.. Actually got a big snake this past summer w 3 fmj rounds from my keltec p32.. Would def never carry a round I wasn't 100 % sure would fire when needed..

Guest 10mm4me

Shot this snake while looking for a stray arrow while practicing w/bow. I stepped on it and it's tale whipped around. No time to determine if it was poisonous or not. Instinctively drew G19 and emptied mag into it w/Hornady extreme defense JHP.You don't need shotshellsfor snakes!!:down:

snake.jpg[/img]

Edited by 10mm4me
Shot this snake while looking for a stray arrow while practicing w/bow. I stepped on it and it's tale whipped around. No time to determine if it was poisonous or not. Instinctively drew G19 and emptied mag into it w/Hornady extreme defense JHP.You don't need shotshellsfor snakes!!:D

snake.jpg[/img]

Well, 3 out of 16 from 4 feet ain't bad I guess...:D

My first inclination when stepping on a snake is to step rapidly in the other direction rather than pull out my heater!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Shot this snake while looking for a stray arrow while practicing w/bow. I stepped on it and it's tale whipped around. No time to determine if it was poisonous or not. Instinctively drew G19 and emptied mag into it w/Hornady extreme defense JHP.You don't need shotshellsfor snakes!!:D

So you shot twards your feet?? :D

........by the way it sounds, you were still standing on the snake when you started shooting at it.........

Guest 10mm4me

I was standing on it.I shot in front of my feet (obviously). I am surgical w/my piece and I hit it 5 out of 16 w/out using any sights in about 2 secs. The day I shoot myself in the foot will be the day I donate all my firearms to TGO members.

Guest 10mm4me
Yep, 5/16... that's surgical precision right there. :P

In under 2 sec not using sights on a target lss than an 1.5" thick...yeah I think that is pretty good, and I don't appreciate evryone attacking me like flies on :D. Just tryin to contribute a cool pic and story to a thread to make it a little more interesting for everyone. Back off.