I GUESS YOU GUYS BOUGHT ALOT OF JUNK

Sidinman

According to the article in the American Rifleman this month. ya'll have probably bought some problem guns. haha. This Wiley Clapp fellow tried nine different weapons and only one that didn't have any issuses. Now I personally don't own any of these and I don't know, but just wondering what is ya'lls take on this. It looks like he only put 100 rds. through each pistol, not enough for even a good break in period. So to me it was a little short to make such a statemant. Here is the link for those who don't get the mag. Now we will want here from ya'll, I'm sure that they are not that BAD.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/ArticlePage.aspx?id=2074&cid=4

the guns in question are::D

Kahr P380

Kel-Tec P3AT

Mag Research Miro Desert Eagle

N A Arms Guardian

Rohrbaugh R380 (this was his winner)

Ruger LCP

SIG Sauer P238

Tarus 738 TCP

Walther PK380

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well from what I have heard from EVERYBODY is that ALL Kahr pistols have a breakin period before they are reliable.

100 rounds is certaintly not enough to deem a pistol "junk" or not, possibly 1000 on the low scale.

It is if you need it , Colt 1911 reliable first round out the tube

Guest HexHead
well from what I have heard from EVERYBODY is that ALL Kahr pistols have a breakin period before they are reliable.

100 rounds is certaintly not enough to deem a pistol "junk" or not, possibly 1000 on the low scale.

Let's see you even find 1000 rounds of .380 to break it in, much less pay for it. It'll cost you more than the pistol.

Edited by HexHead
My personal opinion of it all is the gun should go bang every time using any kind of ammo no ifs ands or buts about it.
I agree, if it don't, it don't get carried, I've got 2 I don't trust, a PT 745 ( it's never failed , but hey, it's a Taurus) and a P22, Had it for a long time and need new mags and new recoil spring, but don't fix it for one reason, it's great for failure drills !!!!;) I'm not a 380 guy anyway, so that story just re-enforces my belief that there's better options for a small CCW. JMO!!!:D

Most manufacturers are banging these things out as fast as they can right now. For example, the Ruger LCP has great feedback from its owners. Mine had feed problems when cycling the slide because of tooling marks in the chamber.

A breaking process would have smoothed it out, but I polished the feed ramp and chamber instead, just like THEY would have done on a more expensive gun. Mine was probably much worse than most. Still, it wasn't a design flaw, and Ruger would have fixed it if I wanted to go thru that hassle. It's great now

Guest Bonedaddy
My personal opinion of it all is the gun should go bang every time using any kind of ammo no ifs ands or buts about it.
That's why I like my Stoeger. Never failed with any ammo I've put through it right out the box. Pull the trigger POW! problem solved.:D

I agree with you guys, for as much money as a Kahr costs it should not require a break-in period. My primary carry right now is a Taurus 24/7 pro Compact.... I has been 100% flawless and I trust my life with it.... I will most likely never buy a Kahr...

I can't speak for the Kahr .380 but I have a PM40 which has been 100% reliable. I have also had the LCP and P3AT with the same results. I didn't buy the kahr by brand i bought it for it's size and caliber.

Smallest .40 out there. or was at the time.. maybe still is. In a 380 there are so many choices I couldn't imagine ever paying $600+ for a 380.

Buy hey.. that's just me.

I agree with you guys, for as much money as a Kahr costs it should not require a break-in period. My primary carry right now is a Taurus 24/7 pro Compact.... I has been 100% flawless and I trust my life with it.... I will most likely never buy a Kahr...

People have different experiences. My PM9 didn't have a breakin period at all. In hundreds of rounds I've had exactly two failures to feed, and both were my own fault for not seating the magazine properly.

But I'll still continue carrying my S&W 649 for now.

To each their own, but I won't carry a anything smaller or less potent than a .38 spl. and I'm not in love with that. I have heard it said that any gun is better than no gun, but not for me. I carry a .45 90% of the time. You mouse gun fans might want to think about what you can actually do with those little guns, even if it works.:D

My NAA Guardian has never failed and I've had it for 6+ years.

Maybe they're "not makin' 'em like they used to"?

You mouse gun fans might want to think about what you can actually do with those little guns, even if it works.

Stick 'em up the bad guy's nose and blow it for him.

Edited by enfield

Between smopoim86 and myself we ran around 100 rounds through a P238 last week and the only thing I could see wrong was the trigger pull.That was around 100 rounds back to back as fast as we could reload.

That's what I'm looking for in a gun. If they need a break in period, it should be taken care of before the gun ever leaves the factory.

To each their own, but I won't carry a anything smaller or less potent than a .38 spl. and I'm not in love with that. I have heard it said that any gun is better than no gun, but not for me. I carry a .45 90% of the time. You mouse gun fans might want to think about what you can actually do with those little guns, even if it works.:D
I'm with you on this one

If it gets to the point that the .380 comes out, there's already been a lot of .45 flying.