I hope nobody was waiting for the new Charles Daly 1911....

Guest HexHead

Guest HexHead

"To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on The Charles Daly Forums - Powered by vBulletin, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future."

Sincerely,

Michael B. Kassnar, President

K.B.I., Inc.

KBI, Inc.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manofsteel

I just bought a used CD ms 1911 yesterday. So far I love it, its my first 1911. Havn't been to the range yet, but could not rest till I fired it. So 4 rds in the back yard felt great. Had to run back in before the leo's drove by. lol . I am sorry to hear about them going out but not to worried. I know a good gsmith if something goes south.

That's one of the good things about any 1911, parts are so common, it just takes a competent smith to fit them. I added an arched MS housing to my CD 1911 a few years ago, it did require fitting, but nothing out of the ordinary. I would not hesitate to by any used CD 1911 at the right price. Reliable and surprisingly accurate. Sorry to see them go. Does anyone have any experience with the Hi-power clone they sold a few years ago? They are a little more scare now, but at one time they were all over the place for around $350.