Anyone own or have owned a Charles Daly 1911

Guest manofsteel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look nice. I think its RobertandWanda on here that have or have had one. I believe they are made in the Phillipines along with RIA and the Firestorm 1911 clones. I've never handled or shot one and don't think the price is much different from the other 2 brands above. If they dont chime in, I'm sure you can shoot Robert and Wanda a PM to see what they think about the CD 1911.

Guest expdnarc

They are imports from Armscorp if memory serves, they have a decent rep and for the price I don't thing that you would get hurt. They are a good starter gun, if you are new to 1911's

I have one of the Charles Daly ECS models that I bought used about a year ago. The one I have was made by Armscorp in the Phillipines.

It is my understanding that Armscorp may not have the contract any longer.

I have put about 1,000 rounds through mine since I received it.

The only problem I had was right after I received it the captured recoil spring assembly locked up. I called Charles Daly and had a new assembly within a week. That is a common problem and I have seen it happen on several other 1911's with a captured recoil spring assembly.

The fit and finish seem to be a little better than the Rock Island line.

It doesn't have odd ball parts (llama, older Firestorms, etc.) standard 1911 parts fit.

I just found out on the Charles Daly Forum that the steel frame 1911's were discontinued and that Charles Daly is not importing 1911's at this time. Apparently the same 1911's are now being sold under the Citadel name.

Check out the Charles Daly Forums for more info.

CharlesDaly.com - The Charles Daly Forums

Edited by Karnage
Guest manofsteel

thanks to all. I dont have a 1911 but with all the hype I must try one. my carry is a millennium pro or my pt92. I was also looking at a taurus 1911. I had a glock (no offense) but I just didnt like it. not saying there bad but just not for me. so 1911 here i come. going to spend around $500-$700 so i was hoping to get a deceant one for this price so i could tell if i wanted to drop a lot on a kember or les bear later.

I have one of the commander size ones. (4 in barrel) it is a great gun, accurate and very reliable. You really can't go wrong with this make for the price. The newer ones have novak style sights. My only complaint is that the are black target sights, no white dots or night sight option. Of course, this is an easy fix. You can probably find plenty of them on gunbroker.

Guest manofsteel

ok picked up my First 1911 this morning used. gun ,two mags, case extra grips.$350. Its a charles daily ms 1911 A1 .45 skeletonized combat hammer, non slip serrated and skeletonized triger, beavertail grip safety. I would do a pic but dont know how lol. Snowing so no range today.

Just so,you all know, Charles Daly is now out of business. They will be working the next few weeks to find a company who will honor some servicing. They had filed for Bankruptcy a couple of weeks ago and did canceled their booth at SHOT. If they didn't already close the doors, they will within the next few days.