carry permit delay

Guest FastLane1000

Guest FastLane1000

I spoke with Holly this morning. She talked with Jaimie here at the Knoxville Courthouse. Jaimie is mailing her my expungement orders and Holly is taking care of it and letting me know once it is done. I guess after that is done I need to send Lisa another e-mail and follow up with her.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/31245-my-handgun-carry-permit-sob-story.html

Many waiting stories here

See post #81 for what I think must the record for waiting (177 days!), over a bad check charge from 20 ! years ago. It is near the end of the thread.

It didnt matter that it was taken care of then 20 years ago, what mattered was that the state of FL has horrible record keeping.

Also I passed TICS several times, until I finally obtained and sent the docs to DOS....... I then got denied, the same day DOS got the Docs because TBI then also wanted a copy :lol:....denial was over turned the next day but only because I had ordered two certified copies, and had a copy to fax to TBI:rolleyes:......other wise I may would still be waiting.:shake:

And yes the 5 year question on the app is just a buch of :poop:

Best advice is plenty of :D:chill::P And calls every few days like you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FastLane1000

Holly called me back and said she had expunged the charge. So i called the handgun permit office to follow up and it was already issued on the 27th of Jan. So should be anyday now! woohoo!

• 4 weeks later...

Im new to the forums here. Sorry to be coming in to this discussion late, but I found it by searching for times it takes to get your permit. I, too, had a criminal impersonation charge, and since it was a misdeameanor and was suspended, I thought nothing of it. I just applied last week, but now I'm all depressed because I bet mine gets denied because of that too. I think its wrong of them to say you can get a permit if youve not done any of these and then after getting your money they say, Oh yeah, that too. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to lurk around and see how nice it is for everyone else who has one.

Guest Chad Kandros

guys, i may be able to help, as well as being a gunsmith i am also a NRA Certified Instructor for Tn,...........call me at 615-506-1484......good luck

Im new to the forums here. Sorry to be coming in to this discussion late, but I found it by searching for times it takes to get your permit. I, too, had a criminal impersonation charge, and since it was a misdeameanor and was suspended, I thought nothing of it. I just applied last week, but now I'm all depressed because I bet mine gets denied because of that too. I think its wrong of them to say you can get a permit if youve not done any of these and then after getting your money they say, Oh yeah, that too. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to lurk around and see how nice it is for everyone else who has one.

As long as

1. it's not a disqualifying conviction as per the statues,

and

2. the disposition of it was finalized and properly recorded, it should be no prob.

2. often rears its head when they can't find how the charge came out. Not sure why, since most of them wouldn't be disqualifying regardless; guess it's to make sure it didn't turn into a felony or something.

- OS

Thanks for the offer of help and the support. I believe whole-heartedly in reaching out and helping others and will always be available to help or assist anyone who might ever need help. I have lived my life serving others, was an Army Ranger over in Somalia and by the grace of GOD survived that mission. I enjoy all forms of firearms and look forward to making new friends and meeting some good people here at tngunowners. Does anyone know the number of the HCP office if I need to call and check on my status? I dont really want to do that now since its not been long, but would like to have it in case I do decide to call one day. Thanks

Edited by BlackHawk93
Guest FastLane1000

Well i got mine with the same charge. It just delayed it a month or two. They will mail you a letter requesting the certified disposition regarding the charge in question. just get it at the courthouse and mail it in. Then you might want to follow up with lisa knight at the e-mail address listed earlier in the post. I went ahead and had my charge expunged but i don't think it mattered in the end.

Thanks very much FastLane. I have been worried about it. Time drags by when you want something this bad and 90 days seems like 90 months. But your post has eased my mind about it quite a bit. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know and hope you enjoy your HCP.

Edited by BlackHawk93