Do You Buy Into This?

Guest Orionsic

well some of my arsenal includes

mosin m44 never fired since bought in fll 09

mosin 91/30 purchased in sum 09 haven't fired since

xd9 about 200-250 rnds

unissued last fired summer 09

bottom line, I don't have a place to shoot at, and getting people together so that i have a place I can shoot at seems to be impossible to make happen, and it pisses me off as I have some relativly nice guns but can't shoot them. oh and a bunch of keyboards too.

what stops you from going shooting around here? There must be four places within 30 minutes from downtown.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I got a G19 new and it has about 2,000 rounds through it.

My G26 I got used and I have no idea how many rounds it has down it, I have personally put about 1,600 through it. I don't know how much the guy that had it before me shot it but it had been shot at least some.

I got a G17 used at a pawn shop and it still had the copper grease on the slide. I don't think whoever had it shot it any if at all. I shot about 100 rounds through it is all.

With the cost of ammo now days and time I don't shoot near like what I use to.

Guest 1817ak47
what stops you from going shooting around here? There must be four places within 30 minutes from downtown.

where is there, sorry I just got back into guns about a year ago, I dpon't like indoor ranges, but I do like shooting in the woods open field etc. someone on here told me there is a place in norris and rifle range road to shoot at.

I especially like doing it on land cause i can shoot keyboard, sheet metal etc:tough:

Guest gcrookston

I've got my core set of guns that make it to the range about every time. This includes a 10-22 with about 500,000 rounds, a Sig 226 with over 20k rounds and an AR with over 10k rounds and an HK Tactical with 5k rounds.

But most of mine don't see more than 20-40 rounds through them per trip and they may not make it to the range but once or twice a year during the rotation... I don't find it at all uncommon that someone would have a gun for a year or two and have less than 50 rounds through it. Last summer I sold about 20 guns that were less than 2 years old that had less than 100 rounds through them. Several of them right here on this forum.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am only about 1 year into this whole handgun thing and have yet to have the need or desire to sell any thing. But every one that I have bought I have tried to get the couple hundred "break-in" rounds thru asap. Now whether or not that is really needed dont matter because some of yall said it WAS a good idea and it is more fun to do than not to do:D

And of the few I have ALL of them are special in their own way, I only have one .22 so it is special. :)

Of the 2 380's one is my first and one is the newest......both special.:)

Of the 3 9's one is my first and one is my newest and one is my favorite so again all are too special to ever sell.:)

Only my evil green rifle has not been shot as I have no where to really have any fun shooting it. I could shoot it at our 25 yard indoor range but I dont see that being all that much fun, it may well never get shot, yet I will never sell it as it is so very special because it is my only long gun, will always be my first long gun and it is green all very special attributes.:cool:It is also my contribution to the GREEN movement. They cant say I havent done a little for the movement.:P

Even the one 9 that I bought last Thursday has 200 rounds thru it already.

But at the same time I have a friend who has a lot more guns both long and short that I estimate to be about 40-50. I know full well most of those have had very few rounds put thru them. Iknow he has at least 15 or so NIB that He has never shot. He has several old black powder ones that I know he will never shoot and a couple War of northern aggression era rifles that he also will never shoot.

When I first started this little addiction and I saw "only 100 rounds thru it" my first thoughts were "WHY" whats wrong with it?

So while I see and understand all the points made, I like the OP seem to think a good bit of that is a bunch of poo poo. But what do I know? I am just newb myself.

For now if I buy something I am going to shoot it as much as possible, if I ever find a good (read and free) place to shoot that EGR it will get worn out of that I am sure.:)

I just find it very hard to keep a good stock of rounds and cant figure out why it seems I buy some every other day but the stock never seems to build up?:biglol:

If anyone has any that have only 100 rounds thru them and wish them to have more attention paid, just PM me for shipping address I will even return them uncleaned to prove I treated them right...45's will require a longer stay as I wish to retain use of my bad shoulder for as long as possible...No Charge for TGO members:p

For me personally, claimed "round count" is on a gun by gun case. If it's a hunting bolt action and it looks like it's seen almost no field time and the owner backs that claim up, I am likely to believe him. However, if it's a cheap little .22 and I hear "I put 1 mag through it" but the slide has significant wear, grips are beat up, etc., then not only do I pass on the gun but I file that person's face in my "guy to watch" memory bank for future shows, lol. Attend enough shows and you learn faces and know who you can trust for the most part. But for me the gun will tell the tale for most cases.

Case in point, I asked about a .22 this past weekend and the guy said it had been used "very little". But upon inspection of the gun the slide had a good amount of wear to it. Enough wear to remove the paint that displayed the guns name and model. Needless to say I passed and place his face into my memory bank.

It all boils down to who you can trust :biglol: