No frills, reliable 1911s?

Guest PatriotCSA

Guest peacexxl

I have 2 Tauri and I am pretty happy but have not had my first customer service experience with them. Taurus does have a "life of the gun" warranty, but I have heard about headaches in dealing with CS. The up side is that most issues are with new models that still have a few bugs from what I have heard. They have been making 1911s for quite a while and I have never heard anything bad about the PT1911 from anyone who actually owns one or has had experience with one.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace, I like the value of the PT, but I'm concerned the sketchy warranty rumors. Does that factor for you?

jdm3, I've owned a PT for awhile sweet pistola, own a few more Taurus no worries on a lifetime warranty. In no hurry as long as if a problem arises pistol gets repaired or replaced.

Guest IzzyIsaac

I carry a Kimber, but my buddy bought a SA GI45 to pop his cherry and it was a solid piece of work. I felt it was just as dependable as my Kimber, although, anything is more dependable than nothing i guess.

Guest evo8ricer
I have 2 Tauri and I am pretty happy but have not had my first customer service experience with them. Taurus does have a "life of the gun" warranty, but I have heard about headaches in dealing with CS. The up side is that most issues are with new models that still have a few bugs from what I have heard. They have been making 1911s for quite a while and I have never heard anything bad about the PT1911 from anyone who actually owns one or has had experience with one.

The CS isn't bad they just kinda slow it takes 4-6 weeks from the date the recieve the gun but I love Taurus they make a good reliable gun I have put 500 flawless rounds through mine would like to put more but ammo gets short and hard to find

But 1911's awesome love them looking to get one myself in the next 6 months my father has a 1911 with V-10 ported barrel and some trigger work and at 35 yards i hit a phonebook 14 out of 16 shots it shoots awesome I love springfield great guns but the new GI Para is pretty nice for under 500 and the PT1911 is nice and u can get them with a rail and all decked out pretty resonable

• Moderators
Chuck, tell me more. I've never heard of that fair. Is it on Trinity Rd in Cordova?

Yep. And the staff over there is A-1. They are "my" local shop and I will buy from them if I can. They are a small shop, but they have a good selection and quite a bit of EBR goodness, especially for being such a small shop.

Guest expdnarc

for the budget you have I would look for a good used Springfield Armory they can be had in the $400 to $450 range and then spend the rest on ammo or quality holster for carry. The 1911 can be built up as you see fit later and you can tailor it to your needs. I am not a school trained gunsmith but you would be surprised what determination, an understanding of the 1911 platform and some hand files can produce. twotone.jpg

This is the result of a $80 frame from a contract over run at Caspian arms. The slide and thumb safety are also Caspian, The barrel is Remsport, the ignition parts are old colt parts from the parts box and a vintage Ed Brown grip safety. All together I am into this for about $425.00 but I have spent 80 plus hours sanding, filing, and fitting.