45/410 Revolvers

railfancwb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smileyguy
Just because a gun is popular and a good seller doesn't mean that it has any practical SD or CCW application, no matter what the firearms manufacturer says.

Hey DaddyO, we agree on this one!:cool:

The Judge is the most over hyped gun ever. That 410 sure looks pretty when it hits that shoot-n-c target though. It draws buyers in like a moth to flame.

A lot of folks that shoot them "like them". No doubt it could be fun. I would like to hand toss some clays and pop them with a judge, but I wouldn't trust 410 from a 3" barrel for SD. 45lc is VERY capable, but no offense to Taurus, I own 2, their are simply better 45lc platforms. I dare say a Redhawk would be more accurate and much more rugged.

I got the Bond Arms Derringer as a Christmas present to myself (how else does one justify a 2 shot break open gun at $450?) and honestly it is fun to shoot albeit a bit painful with the Winchester Super-X 000 buck. It has also had the unintended side effect of getting me warmed up to the 45LC and I have been browsin over the Ruger Redhawks.

Just got a Smith & Wesson 357 model 586. Put it beside my Judge in the safe. Those two seem to hit it off pretty good, despite their differences in caliber. Neither one was jealous of the other. They got into some good clean trash talk about practicality, concealed carry and all kind of preferences. I like to never got them to shut up and go to sleep, they kept wanting to talk talk talk. But to be honest I could have sit outside that safe and listen to them all night long. :up:

It seems like most of they guys cutting down the judge have not shot one, I think it is one of those "I am too damn handsome to carry that ugly gun" things. Fact is, I have the public defender, and at 15 feet, 000 buck is dead on, number 4 cover the whole center part of the target, and 45LC is dead on. Can't ask anything more from a 2" barrel revolver. And yep, it is ugle and wierd looking.

Holy Handgun! A 454 casul Judge! I will have to admit that Taurus is a wide open firearms manufacturer with innovative ideas. They are not afraid to manufacture "outside the box" weapons. The 454 Judge is way crazy. They will sell these things.

I have a bond arms 45/410...thats about as much 45/410 kool-aid as I can stand...she is a beauty though.

I like 'em!!!

Kind regards,

Leroy

PS: manofsteel' post is dead on:

great gun to keep in the truck (...Taurus Judge...) but thats about it. zombies travel in packs of more than 5 so i think we need a 20 guage desert eagle with a 30 round mag.

This is the one i am waiting for!! I'll carry the bond arms as a pocket gun.

Edited by leroy
added quote!!!
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest KustomHD

I own a Taurus Judge Public Defender .45LC/410 snub nose 2in barrel and I LOVE it 410 shells are a heck of alot cheeper than .45LC Federal sells 410 Hand gun shells just for the Judge2 1/2 long

It seems like most of they guys cutting down the judge have not shot one, I think it is one of those "I am too damn handsome to carry that ugly gun" things. Fact is, I have the public defender, and at 15 feet, 000 buck is dead on, number 4 cover the whole center part of the target, and 45LC is dead on. Can't ask anything more from a 2" barrel revolver. And yep, it is ugle and wierd looking.

I agree,000 Buck at 7 yards puts 5 holes in a 6" to 7" group.May not be the most comfortable gun to carry but,it would be my #1 choice as a car gun.

I have shot several of them....they are practically useless and the ballistics are less than impressive.

I have shot several of them....they are practically useless and the ballistics are less than impressive.

Ballistics on what are unimpressive? Im shooting 45LC standard pressure from DoubleTap in my bond arms even with my short barrel its 185gr round is still pushing almost 1000fps and its dead on at 10yds....now with .410...its wherever it wants to go lol.

Ballistics on what are unimpressive? Im shooting 45LC standard pressure from DoubleTap in my bond arms even with my short barrel its 185gr round is still pushing almost 1000fps and its dead on at 10yds....now with .410...its wherever it wants to go lol.

Yeah, but that was a bond. Your derringer puts out just as much fire as that judge...but is 1/3 the size, less ghetto, and probably worth more. There are numbers of other guns/calibers that are equally impressive without the awkwardness of a judge.

They may be hot right now, but in short it is a solution to a non-problem. 10 years from now they will not be well thought of.

I wonder if the next generation of them will be chambered for 460 s&w...That way it could shoot 460/454/45/410?

...Could be called the Judge & Jury

edit - could be cut for moon clips to shoot 45acp also - Judge, Jury, & Executioner

Edited by I_Like_Pie

I think in 10 years the value will triple.If you think it doesn't have stopping power at 7 yards with 000 Buck or will hold pattern then I would say you haven't had much experience with one.

I think in 10 years the value will triple.If you think it doesn't have stopping power at 7 yards with 000 Buck or will hold pattern then I would say you haven't had much experience with one.

and you would be wrong...

Edit - Sorry...didn't mean to come off as a pompous arse. It takes all types for the world to go round

Edited by I_Like_Pie
Guest LCPTN
I've shot "The Judge"..................................:)

It's a gimmick. There is no awesomeness to it. Where are you going to get .45 Colt and how much do them boolits cost? 410 buckshot...what's the use?

Sorry, but there are alot better ways to spend money on a gun.

Traded mine and got my money back plus some. Got a new CZ 75B Omega. Then caught CZ's sale on three magazines for $75. Now I

can take 70 cor-bon shots at a black bear unless he gets me first.

My back up to that is a Bersa .45 with another 17 shots. I could

not find anything but cowboy load long Colt .45 at $39.00 for 50.

Guest smileyguy

Ballistics on any 410 are unimpressive. Penetration sucks with 00 buck or slugs. Now 45lc is very impressive, but there are simply better platforms for 45lc.

I'm not going to bash Judge owners. I think that it would be a "fun" gun to plink and shoot clays with, but please don't rely on 410 as your defensive round. In a few years, when these have been used in real life the 410 numbers will be less than impressive. Stick with the 45lc.

I just ordered a new Stainless 3 inch chamber one.

I bought a new Corvette once. It was not very practical, probably like the Judge, but I liked it anyway. I think I will like a Judge as well. Doesn't matter to me how practical it is as long as I can afford one and want one.

Guest smileyguy
I just ordered a new Stainless 3 inch chamber one.

I bought a new Corvette once. It was not very practical, probably like the Judge, but I liked it anyway. I think I will like a Judge as well. Doesn't matter to me how practical it is as long as I can afford one and want one.

That's all the reason you need brother. Have fun and enjoy it. I bet a lot of us have guns just because we like them or for fun. I sure do.

Again, I think it would be fun to shoot. My problem is the marketing as the "Ultimate Self Defense Gun". People believe that crap and someone is gonna get killed because of it. Just because that 410 patterns pretty on a shoot-n-c target on a commercial on the Sportsmans Channel doesn't mean it will put down a bad guy.

I don't begrudge anyone the "fun" factor of owning a Judge. I just don't think anyone should fool themselves into believing that it's an adequate carry weapon.

I love my little Phoenix Arms HP22 for plinking in the back yard, but it would be stupid on my part to depend on it to save my life.