TN law and (@@R compliance is this a concern here???

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

I just purchased a modded ak, is it important and enforced to have this 922r compliant with a certain # of us made parts. I know there are alot of rifles that aren't compliant.

so do I need to be concerned around here about making it compliant or not really

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll hear a lot of legal beagles talk and warn about 922r, but it is a non issue. There has never been anyone charged with 922r, because there is no way to enforce or know the country of origin of parts. The BATF even admits that 922r is unenforcible. It is mainly to add enforcement on importation issues rather than individual compliance.

That being said, it is fairly easy to be 922r compliant and generally helps functionality to have the better US parts.

Guest 1817ak47

I will upgrade myak with better parts soon, just not sure how soon, depends on if it will be a legal issue that can cause any real problems. tapco has some nice stuff too. I like the idea of the stainless gas piston alot, especially since the ak is design is made to be used in all conditions. one reason I am asking is cause my recent purchase is supposedto have a usa tapco trigger kit, but I see no lableing on it saying it is tapco or usa. it is the same exact design however from what I see in pics online comparing factory to tapco double hook

The only person that will know is you. Don't sweat it. BTW the only thing I would use from Tapco is their trigger kit and their retainer plate. Stay away from furniture, mags, and other parts. The piston is a non issue. They have been running for years in harsher environments than you could ever bee in here.:D

Guest bkelm18

Just so you know, 922r is a federal, not a state law. I'd comply, but that's just me. I like having my butt covered just in case. Your mileage may vary.

Guest 1817ak47

I won't use there mags since there are plastic and the feed lips are not steel. now if ther put steel reatinaer clips I might buy them them. I do want to cover my but, this isn't a cheap rifle