EAA Witness/Tanfoglio dealers?

McAllyn

Anyone know of a shop around MidTenn that carries the Witness or Tanfoglio? I'm specifically looking for either the Elite Match or the Limited. Keep hearing nice things about these weapons, but can't ever find one to put my hands on.

Thanks,

Mac

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for one about a year and a half ago. I liked the look of them but before getting one I wanted to hold it in my hand. Same thing back then, no one around Nashville had one, even used. I spoke with Dennis at G&L and he told me why he doesn't carry them. Call him. I emailed the company and they put me in touch with their area distributor. When I called them they did a search for the closest retail gun store that had recently ordered one and it was somewhere in Arkansas. No thanks. I gave up.

I finally did run across a used one at a gun show. I picked it up and immediately hated it. I just didn't like the feel of it in my hand at all. I'm not saying that it's a bad gun. I have read posts by people that have or had them and loved them. If you ever find one you may feel exactly the opposite from me.

Good luck in your search.

If you can find a full size CZ-75B, you're pretty much holding a EAA Witness. I shot a regular (not Elite Match) .40 Witness side by side with a CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom, and while they weren't the same weight or size, the grip angle and feel were identical.

G&L also has the occasional used Witness.

Guys, an Elite series Tangfolio is A LOT different than a CZ (good different too!), yeah, they're related, but not near the same.

I ordered my Elite Match from Bud's, they're probably the best dealer to get them from since they sell out fairly quick since they're imported a few times a year in waves and then you see them on gunbroker marked up.

A Tanfoglio Elite Match is the most gun with the nicest trigger you can get for around $500, period. I have a pretty pricey Wilson Combat that doesn't hold a candle to the Elite Match... think expensive 1911 trigger and accuracy in streamlined easier to maintain and work on CZ...

Wanted to add... The reason you don't find a local dealer is because EAA's customer service is as bad as you've heard, just horrible... The Tanfo's are solid but EAA is no fun to deal with.

Bud's is big enough and does enough business that I feel they can probably absorb helping guys out if EAA lets them down (just a guess anyway).

BTW, the smaller cartridge large frame Tanfo's in 9mm and .40 are more sensitive to mag issues and such, the others are rock solid... Lots of info in the EAA/Tanfoglio sections at brianenos.com

hope this helps.

Guest mikedwood

If you have problems with one you are SOL in the states. In Europe I'm sure it's different as they are one of the big guns over there.

I had a Witness Carry P and it took two gunsmiths and an act of God to get it shooting reliably. It was certainly beyond accurate though. I called EAA and they were quite rude and no help what so ever. Shame I loved the gun and if it were eaiser to fix I would have bought more.

It was super accurate and comfortable to shoot for me.

Edited by mikedwood

Yeah EAA's CS is as bad as HK. We carried them way back when, and they sold well, but after we sent back a gun for repair and EAA refused to honor their warranty. Told us that they didnt need our business, and by then the feeling was mutual. They kept the guys gun, we replaced it to the owner with something else that worked, and have never bought another gun from them.

It's funny though, last year the president of EAA called Dennis to apologize for what happened and asked us to carry their guns agian. Dennis told em that we didnt need their business, and hung up. ;)

Yeah, EAA CS sucks. I had a bad mag and called them to ask about it and even though accounts of calls to them on benos forum regarding bad mags from Tanfo owners are a dime a dozen the guy totally played dumb and I just had to buy another one and hope the one I got shipped was ok...

Mac, I know gold team in 9mm is not cool, before you buy one of the elite's just call Henning and ask him what he thinks, what he tells you treat as gospel!

The Elites really are unbelievable guns, but there are some pieces of info here and there that's good to know.

I can tell you with the Match's in .45 at least, you'd need to spend over $3k on a really nice 1911 to get a gun that'll shoot with it, not kidding!

Guest tntrucknut

Mike's Gun Shop in New Tazewell had 2 used compact stainless steel models. One in 9mm and one in .40SW. In my opinion, these are NICE guns! I played with the 9mm. Slide was good and smooth, trigger felt great. I can't wait till I make my EAA purchase.