What gun did I Have?

Hitower

When i was about 13 or so, Dad bought me a 30-30 lever gun. It got stolen about 7 or 8 years later and just have been thinking about trying to replace it. I know its a long shot but does anyone have any idea what it might have been? It had the curved stock, I've seen it called pistol grip but I'm not sure that's the right term. It had a dark cherry like finish but the most distinctive part was it was engraved with deer on it in a forest kind of scene. I've searched google images for one that looked like it but have been unable to find it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

model 94 possiblly though i have never seen one with a deer on it...there was a model 95 with a deer on it collectors deal i think but there was no 30-30 in the 95 i dont believe..

Edited by Krull
Do you remember if the cartridge case ejected out of the top or the side? I think a Marlin has more of a "curved" stock under the lever.

It ejected out the side

It looked just like this except instead of the diamond pattern it was the deer scene.

photo_336A_scope.jpg

My guess is a Glenfield model 30a. Sure fits the description to me. Good thing is that they are carbon copies of the Marlin 336 with a different stock. They were sold in K-Mart stores.

Glenfieldright.jpg

Some like them better than the current line of Marlin guns because they don't have the redundant safety. You should be able to find one from $225-$300 depending on the shape. I have owned 2 of these guns...they are great!

My guess is a Glenfield model 30a. Sure fits the description to me. Good thing is that they are carbon copies of the Marlin 336 with a different stock. They were sold in K-Mart stores.

Glenfieldright.jpg

Some like them better than the current line of Marlin guns because they don't have the redundant safety. You should be able to find one from $225-$300 depending on the shape. I have owned 2 of these guns...they are great!

I think that might be it, I seemed to remember more detail in the engraving but of course its been 12 years or so since i saw it last. Actually i'm almost positive this is it. Anyone know where one might be? If it is in that price range i'll take it right away.

Edited by HitowerInc

It has a similar design in the forend. There weren't any other factory lever guns with this pattern (or similar) so it has to be it. There were some non-lever remingtons with a deer montage...but this is the only lever 30-30. They came pre-fitted with a 4x Tasco scope also.

You should be able to find one no problem. Actually saw one on ###.com through a dealer a couple of months ago for $225

My guess is a Glenfield model 30a. Sure fits the description to me. Good thing is that they are carbon copies of the Marlin 336 with a different stock. They were sold in K-Mart stores...

Yep, they ARE Marlins, just branded for downscale marketing.

They made Glenfield .22's too (Marlin 60).

- OS

Guest gunsmoke308

If you want the deer scene engraving i can do that very easily. In my shop i do more custom wood work than anything. i can engrave whatever you like on the stock. i have done deer,ducks, personal pictures, names,etc. im located at classic arms in cordova tn.

If you want the deer scene engraving i can do that very easily. In my shop i do more custom wood work than anything. i can engrave whatever you like on the stock. i have done deer,ducks, personal pictures, names,etc. im located at classic arms in cordova tn.

I'm going to have to remember this. Do you have a website?