Quick Q on pistol price.

Guest Disney

I have the opportunity to pick up a S.A. Loaded. It's in pretty good condition, It shoots very well, and well... It's a 1911 so I want it.

The question is..... What is it really worth?? What can someone expect to get for one on any given day? Can I turn it over at any time for $600 if need be?

Reason I ask is I will kinda stretch my money for the rest of the semester if I buy it. If something arises, i'd like to be able to get my money back out of it.

So... Simply put, what's one worth?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

Quick rule of thumb on current model used guns is 60% max of original retail. New these are selling between $650 and $1,000 depending upon how they are set up (GB), so no, that's not much of a way to get into a 1911.

Another rule of thumb is don't stretch your finances to buy a gun (or anything for that matter). You're life will be much easier if you don't have to look around the place to decide what to sell to pay the bills.

I try to go into a gun at the most about 70% of what I think I can sell it for. Though I occasionally waive this approach when buyig new or late model used guns. For example, the new PT1911 is selling for around $550 right now. I just bought a gently used one for less than $400.00. If I had to sell it, I'm think $375 would be a score.

Guest Mugster

Guns are kind of like real estate, they are worth whatever you can get for them. On something like that, you could move it quick for 100-150 under what a new one would cost someone assuming "like new" condition, imo. I wouldn't assume you are getting a good price unless you do alot of footwork.

Watch GunBroker and do searches on what guns like what you want have actually sold for.

There are many loaded 1911’s there right now. There are two, a parked and a stainless new in the box with a buy it now of around $660.

Could you sell a used for $600? Sure… we’ve seen guns used guns on this forum sell at retail. Could you turn it quick?.... that’s a different story.

But one things for sure… if you put a good price on one of the top name 1911’s; it won’t last a day. :D