Beretta Tomcat .32

Guest speedlifted

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a tomcat it was very accurate at close range for self defense situations. However I sold it for 300, It was in mint condition. I had feeding problems about everymag. Also, I read that the frames can crack on some models after many rounds.

people reocommed the inox model to avoid the frame problems not sure why.

The gun was neat b/c the tilt up barrel my wife could load it with easy. Also ammuntion is hard to find price are starting to come down on 32 the last i bought was 50 rd of remington at bass pro for 25. But someone said they saw them recently going for 20. But, thats if you can find em. Winchester silver tip hollowpoint i paid 35 for 50 i think.

I think too some of my feeding problems could have been magzine related or lack of break in period.

Good luck in your look. But if possible I recommend 9mm and up for self defense.:D

Save your money and get a Keltec P32 and shoot ball ammo. Also, don't buy into bigger is better. Hits count and so do holes, lots of them. Buy a Keltec P32 hardchrome and don't look back. If you have 20-30 minutes buy a standard P32 and do a fluff and buff: GoldenLoki.com

Make sure that with any gun you can empty the thing at 20 feet into a 3x5 card at speed off-hand weak-hand. The reason you carry a handgun as CCW is to save your butt because: 1) Your luck ran out 2) You chose your geography poorly 3) Your mental ability to avoid life threatening situations has run off the track.

If your career track requires a handgun use the KT as a deep cover back-up, while having something like a Glock 26 as backup and hi cap as primary. If you want to toss something in your jacket pocket to run to the store in case you have to save your a... because bad things sometimes happen to good people, then the KT P32 will work if you know how to work it.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

For defense a Kel-Tec is a much better choice, however if you want a tilt-up barrel Beretta for a "fun" gun later pick up a used Beretta 21a bobcat. I have one and they a are neat little pocket pistol. I would not use it for defense though, but it's great as a fun range toy.

Guest speedlifted

Well, no Kel Tec or Beretta Tomcat for ME went with the LCP Ruger .380 and I really like it going to shoot this weekend and get familiar with it.

thanks for all the info

oh yeah, got it at Guns and Leather... hooked me up with a pocket holster!!! and gave two free range passes and saved $100 over the Beretta Tomcat

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
\went with the LCP Ruger .380\

Good choice, the Ruger LCP design is basically a copy of the Kel Tec with a few slight changes. The fit and finish on the Ruger is considerably better but both the P3AT and LCP do a great job for their intended role.

Guest HexHead
+1

They're pretty good pocket guns, but my personal preferance would be something in a .380 like the Kel Tec P3AT.

Not much difference between .32 and .380 really.

I had a Tomcat. Nice little pistol. Easy to pocket carry. You can even carry them cocked & locked if you were so inclined. Mine was an earlier one, before they beefed up the frame, and I sold it before the frame cracked on it. They sure seem to have gone up in price. They were a good buy at $250-275. No way I'd pay over $400 for one though.

Well, no Kel Tec or Beretta Tomcat for ME went with the LCP Ruger .380 and I really like it going to shoot this weekend and get familiar with it.

thanks for all the info

oh yeah, got it at Guns and Leather... hooked me up with a pocket holster!!! and gave two free range passes and saved $100 over the Beretta Tomcat

Glad to hear you went with something better...get some of this for it. They ship fast and there ammo is very dependable and well put together.

DoubleTap Ammunition

Guest Tn.Mitch

HPIM0627.jpg

Heres mine,bottom left ,....carry it in a nice Don Hume leather pocket holster.carry it in my right front pocket as backup,for my EDC,which changes between,my G27,and full sixe 1911's,Commanders and even a Springer EMP 40 3inch barrel...Sometimes I just throw it in my pocket to run to the store with it alone,it nice for sweat pants or shorts...nice little gun... :cheers: