Wally World Walk

Guest bubbatruck

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally eff'd up. I went to Cracker Barrel.

BTW, I always have trouble with the whole bathroom thing while carrying. I only wear Levi's 501 jeans (button fly), because they fit well. I end up going to the stall to pee 'cause it's damned hard to pee and hold your weapon at the urinal. I hate it when there's a floater!!!!

Guest marionandjohn

Well I am still waiting on my TN permit (30 Days now) but I did the WWW when I got my GA permit and it was my first public carry appearance. I was lucky enough to have the wifey keep an eye on the area to see if she could notice. Unfortunatly I will have to do the WWW in GA with my TN permit when it arrives I was able to take my class and apply while in TN for Christmas (can I say CHRISTmas? hmm oh well). I am stationed outside TN but WW is WW right? Glad to know I followed the rules with out knowing them.

Considering I may hold the record for issue at 177 days am I worthy of a second chance? (not my fault for the time frame but that of another state's record keeping, that I had to fix)

Nope, no points for 177 day issue. My wife holds the world record at 11 months in Michigan.

I took her to Wal-mart to celebrate.

Here is the concept of the Wally Walk. I borrowed this from the TXCHLforum:

You can see the original here:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?t=5204&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wally+walk

This is common for new CHL holders, not just in Texas.

"So you got your CHL.

We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode"

Now you have done the Wally World Walk!

Where is #8? Must have gotten lost in the shuffle. I guess that someone here needs to add another rule. This should be interesting.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
#8 is with "platform 9 and 3/4."

Most of you guys won't get it.

Don't want to admit it but I do. Those books were kinda addictive (to bad the last one was a stones throw away from being a pile of patronizing literary trash)

Guest marionandjohn

Ok I applied on 23 Dec. 09 and it was "mailed" on 15 Jan 10. Great job TN! now lets wait on that government guy that delivers the good and the bad to the mailbox.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Walley World is the 1st place you go, carrying, after you get you HCP :koolaid:

WalMart_sign12.jpg

Its a tradition in Tn., and everywhere there is a wallyworld....and they are all over the world....:popcorn:

Guest kirkosaurus
Looking at the tactical map, #3 is completely out, I still haven't seen a single box of .45 at my Wal-Mart

That's all my Wal-Mart ever has. Never have any .38's though.