Para-Ordnance P10 compact .45??? Opinions

VolunteerGuns

A friend has one and I'm REALLY liking the look and feel. I don't get to buy often, and I'm fixing to be able to make a purchase.... BUT

I'm a polymer guy who loves to say he's got a few thousand rounds of all types of ammo through my EDC XDs/c .40; a few hundred through the XDm and NEVER, NEVER, EVER a FAILURE of ANY kind.

I'm really not wanting to buy something I'm not 100% confident in,(like I said, I don't have the op to buy very often) and I've heard some stories that, problems on the smaller/compact 1911 style platforms may not be too uncommon??

Any opinions about the reliability, quality, function etc.??? HELP!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buzz cut

Para makes a good gun. Customer service has been lacking since they have moved the factory to Pineville, NC though. Do a search on some of the 1911 forums and you will see (several) people who have been waiting more than weeks, more like months for return of the pistols. Not trying to bash, love the ones I have shot but I went with the 3" Kimber Crimson Carry when I went with a compact 1911. There customer service has never let me down the few times I've ever needed it on my other 1911's. Crimson Carry has had no issues with 750 round down the pipe so far. I have heard good things about the compact Springfield 1911 as well.

I had the Lite Hawg version of the P10. The one with rails. I could never get the gun to eat anything reliably. Although I loved the looks and feel of a very small 45 with 10 + 1 capability, the thing wouldn't shoot so I sold it to Uselton's ! LOL

I probably had a lemon and could have gotten it corrected but for timing. This was happening right when the President/owner of Para died and their entire staff got interrupted. I was emailing their rep on M1911.org when he just stopped answering emails. I couldn't wait so I moved on it.

If you are really serious and they will allow you to pump 50 or more rounds through it, do so and make sure it wasn't a model issue.

This is what I had.

traded3.jpg

Guest buzz cut

Dunno about the service center in JC hope it's still there that area needs to keep jobs for sure. Customer service number is 704 area code which is Charlotte?

Guest redbarron06

I think the main company is in NC and the service/repair center is in TN.

I waited more than 4 months to get a set of night sites installed. Finally I called them and told them to send my slide back. A month later I called them again and told them to send my slide back. They gave me the excuse that they did not have my return address. I asked them how they knew I wanted nght sites. She said we read the note in the package. I asked "was it the request written right there above my address?" I got my slide back 3 days later.

Guest louderthebetter

My Canadian made Para-Ordnance P-10 45 #2710 has given me years

of trouble free service.I carry in a Kramer holster that is all I could ask for in

fit and finish.

I have scads of pistols and revolvers at hand but,I carry my P-10 almost always.