Gunblast/S.H.O.T.-New .500 lever-action!

Guest Tenngunner

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

Interesting, if you already have a .500 S&W chambered revolver it would be a great lever-gun.

If you want a nice big-bore lever action there are various magazine tube fed lever-guns in .45-70 and that cartridge will do everything a .500 S&W can and more.

I think $1900 is a bit steep for my shallow pockets....

But but but, I thought having matching .357 revolver and levergun was cool, but THAT, wow! You'd be the only guy around that had matching .500's, and I could brag to people that I know you! :D

- OS

Guest 70below
But but but, I thought having matching .357 revolver and levergun was cool, but THAT, wow! You'd be the only guy around that had matching .500's, and I could brag to people that I know you! ;)

- OS

Come on..........you already should be braggin that you know me :D

• Admin Team

If you can afford the ammo for the 500, then the $1900 price tag probably isn't a big issue. I shot one at the range recently, and the guy told me that while he was reloading, he was still in the "couple of bucks a shot" range. That said, I was impressed by the round. And, as an aside, the S&W revolver had one of the smoothest triggers I have ever felt in single action mode. It couldn't have been more than 2.5 pounds, and was super smooth.

Guest malbolja

Wild West Guns had a .500 lever action at SHOT a few years ago but I never heard any more about it.

I'd love to have one but I wouldn't pay half of what they're asking for it.

This is proof that there is absolutely no correlation between production cost and price in the gun world. You basically have a Marlin that is chambered for .500 S&W mag. My suspicion is that they won't sell many, if any.

I would think it would have to be built pretty tough to handle the .500 so im sure there are some extra costs, but not enough to justify $1900 YIKES! On another note, why isnt the 460 more popular? Its more accurate, and in a revolver you can also shoot 454 and 45long colt to save money.

On another note, why isnt the 460 more popular? Its more accurate, and in a revolver you can also shoot 454 and 45long colt to save money.

Don't know about 460 but the 500 handgun is a real crowd-pleaser. :D Especially with a short barrel.

I saw this being fired by the Barrett team on media day. They claim it handles well, shoots well and doesn't kick any worse than a 12 gauge. It is a really nice looking rifle as well. A bit out of my price range though... at least for now.

Wild West Guns only made their rifle as a custom order gun.

Towner makes a pump action carbine in .500mag.

Ive been wishing for one of these for a while, only other rifle made in .500mag is the NEF Handi-Rifle single shot, break action.

Edited by nightrunner
Guest BigShot

I need a good carbine to pair up with my Smith but wow!!! 1900 smacks is a stretch. Maybe that's the MSRP and the real price is about half. I could pull that off if I sold more beer cans. ;)