Can you date a pane of glass from it's markings?

SavageSig

If I can date this pane of glass, I think it would be enormously useful in an upcoming court date with my landlord. It says in the corner of each individual pane:

Tempered safety glass

SGCC-701 1/8 -u

ANSIZ97.1-1975

IGCFRI201CII

CGSB-12-GP-I

end quote.

I googled it a little but I haven't found out much. Are one of the standards (as I believe these are codes the glass has to live up to) out of date and could thus date the glass as being X years old?

One of these numbers a serial number? If y'all don't know, anybody know who might?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help guys. I think the CGSB code is Canadian and I think they updated that with a new name back in '76.

As to why... Long story short landlord is trying to weasel out of a 30 year business lease by saying that I don't maintain the interior of the property. The place was old and a dump when I took it. She took pictures of my door and said I need to replace it. Ridiculous because you can tell that it's been painted twice before by amateurs and hopefully proving how old the glass is would be icing on the cake.

She also wants me to replace the floors, repaint interior, get rid of some sinks, mirrors, lights etc. All while I have two major leaks and the exterior is absolutely wretched. It's a weak ploy to break the lease but she's willing to roll the dice in the courts.

Me? I just wantto run my business in peace without this hag lady getting on my butt about a scratch on the drywall back near the furnace.

Um, she is responsible for maintaining the structure and regular maintenance unless you agreed otherwise. Let her take it to court and then counter. It would be an easy victory especially if there are unfixed leaks.

Of course this assume you didn't do any intentional damage.

Um, she is responsible for maintaining the structure and regular maintenance unless you agreed otherwise. Let her take it to court and then counter. It would be an easy victory especially if there are unfixed leaks.

Of course this assume you didn't do any intentional damage.

The lease is vague about the definition of maintenance. We're responsible for the interior and HVAC and plumbing, and she's responsible for the exterior. Believe me, none of the damage is intentional, and it's all very slight. It's just normal wear and tear. I have tons of pictures showing how old and poorly constructed the place is. We also did some cleaning up and filled in the few small dings in the drywall.

The problem is we signed a lease with a lot of understandings with this lady's father. We got along well. He's retired now, and we think there's some power struggle between the heirs and they just want to sell and split the cash or something like that the second this guy dies.

Our lawyer isn't too worried, but he says unfairer things have happened in Williamson County courts before. The courts there heavily favor the landlord in these types of disputes.