Quick question on fingerprinting

Just so I can plan my day because I've read that my time at DOS could be anywhere from 30mins to 3hours... Do you have to make an appointment to get fingerprinted (UPS Store or wherever) or is it first come first served? Also, the HCP class instructor said not to go to Straw Plains because I'll be there all day. Anyone have experience with Sevier County? Thanks in advance....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I can plan my day because I've read that my time at DOS could be anywhere from 30mins to 3hours... Do you have to make an appointment to get fingerprinted (UPS Store or wherever) or is it first come first served? Also, the HCP class instructor said not to go to Straw Plains because I'll be there all day. Anyone have experience with Sevier County? Thanks in advance....

I did mine at Straw Plains DMV, took less than an hour on a weekday, maybe I was lucky.

I DID call the UPS store in Halls from there with number/info on the form, as was suggested, to "make an appointment", response was "sure, just come on over"...but it was unclear to me whether this was actually necessary. Took 10 min or less at the UPS store.

- OS

I went to Strawplians also. Got there early before it opened. Back at work at 9:30. there was a few in front of me that were waiting when I got there. But it was pretty quick. have everything filled out when you get there, may be quicker. +1 on the Halls UPS store. halls Has It you know...LOL..

Guest jimknee

I used a copy/ship store similar to UPS. Had to call and register first. Did it on the cell phone in the store while waiting on someone else to get printed. Was out of the store in about 15 minutes.

My experience in Lenoir City was the same as bkelm. I registerd with Cogent on line the night before. When I walked into the store all went smoothly. Very nice folks to deal with there.

Well I finally got to Sevier County to do the paperwork but didn't have time to get fingerprints... had to get back to work. I see the UPS store in Knox does it on Saturday so I'll go then. FWIW: only took about 10 mins this morning at Sevier. They opened at 7 and I was the only one there. The clerk told me that there's no place in Sevier county to get prints. (They used to do it at the school but stopped) and I couldn't wait til 9 for UPS to open... oh well, what's 3 more days when it could take up to 90 to get the permit? :screwy:

For anyone who has not yet submitted their paperwork I learned an interesting lesson. Since I spend a lot of time in the Lincoln County area, I asked them to do my fingerprints which they were happy to do. I found out a month later that the cards for my wife an me were unusable for HCP purposes. I subsequently went to our UPS Store in Lenoir City and used Cogent. I recommend you start with Cogent.

Finally got the prints done today. Y'all were right... UPS in Halls is the place to go. Took about 5 mins. Don't know if it was a waste of money, but I paid the $4 for confirmation on receipt of the prints. I guess I did it because it's a bit of a trip from home. Now the wait begins.....:cool:

Finally got the prints done today. Y'all were right... UPS in Halls is the place to go. Took about 5 mins. Don't know if it was a waste of money, but I paid the $4 for confirmation on receipt of the prints. I guess I did it because it's a bit of a trip from home. Now the wait begins.....:D

You got ripped. Should have been for free. At work personell on kingston pike does it for free.

For anyone who has not yet submitted their paperwork I learned an interesting lesson. Since I spend a lot of time in the Lincoln County area, I asked them to do my fingerprints which they were happy to do. I found out a month later that the cards for my wife an me were unusable for HCP purposes. I subsequently went to our UPS Store in Lenoir City and used Cogent. I recommend you start with Cogent.

This is the main reason they are not requiring thumb prints anymore at least around here because most of the ones turned in were not legible.