Calling all NRA members....

Guest HexHead

I agree that it is doubtful that there would be any organized attempt to boycott the restaurants that needed to be boycotted. If there was, would there be enough restaurants to serve the folks that attend? At least in the downtown area?

My opposition to this is more because I think the convention center is a really bad idea at this time. It results in a huge liability for Davidson county and if it goes well only a relatively few businesses in the immediate downtown area will truly profit from it.

Let some other city spend a billion $$ to be edgy...

I do think that the NRA should act all interested for a while and then try to create some headlines about canceling due to the hostile attitude of the Nashville area.

Maybe someone needs to send NRA HQ a copy of the article where the Convention and Visitors Bureau says the guns in restaurant law is hurting Nashville Businesses.

In this particular case, they need to be right. Due to the current status of the law, it needs to hurt Nashville that the NRA won't come here.

Mark

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
the nra convention in nashville had the largest attendence of all nra conventions i myself think that the good would outweigh the bad

What good?

Have it in Knoxville or Sevierville.

Oh, haven't those towns had their restaurant carry law declared unconstitutional too? I can see that Haslam was so much more pro-gun than Dean. hahahaha

Guest HexHead

Maybe someone needs to send NRA HQ a copy of the article where the Convention and Visitors Bureau says the guns in restaurant law is hurting Nashville Businesses.

In this particular case, they need to be right. Due to the current status of the law, it needs to hurt Nashville that the NRA won't come here.

Done. :D

Oh, haven't those towns had their restaurant carry law declared unconstitutional too? I can see that Haslam was so much more pro-gun than Dean. hahahaha

1) it wasn't "their" law. It was a state law that NASHVILLE killed.

2) I don't see Haslam supporting anything the idiots in Nashville are doing.

Guest Drewsett

Well, personally I want to see the convention come. I want them to come out to the restaurants....because I work as a server in a restaurant. We didn't post in the brief period where it would have mattered, if that matters to you. 2015 is hopefully long enough off that I will have graduated college and be in the finance industry, but there are alot of people who count on tourists eating out so that we can pay our mortgages, feed our families...and buy more guns!

Guest HexHead

Let's not forget he was a member of Bloomberg's Mayors against guns group until it became a political liability for him.

Nashville didn't kill anything. An activist judge who legislates from the bench killed it. Internecine wars between different parts of the state deflect attention from the real problem.

Instead of complaining about cities here in TN, how about someone who knows tells us how to prevent judges like her getting appointed?

This is not a city vs rural issue. This is a people vs judiciary issue.