Should I kick my self?

Guest tntrucknut

Guest tntrucknut

I found a used EAA Witness Elite "Match" .40SW for $419. Was told by the person at the store it was shot "a whole bunch". The gun looked to be in good condition to me. But, the only gun I've bought thus far was new. I could tell it need to be cleaned, but the barrel looked clean inside. I like this gun, but I resisted. My 2 questions are, what should I pay attention to when looking at a used gun and should I kick myself for not buying it? Thanks for any input.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me

Check all the controls, they should be crisp and feel to be in working order.Check the slide to frame fit,barrel to slide fit, check the muzzle for dinks, dry fire the pistol,keep the trigger depressed and manually cycle the action.Does the trigger reset? Does the hammer feel crisp.Shake the gun a little.Any unusual rattling.If they have a new of the same model do the same to it and compare the two.But the big thing here is if you shop @a gun store where you think they may be selling a "dud" you need to find a new gun shop.

Guest jackdm3

At least they told you it was shot a lot. If it feels like an old truck, you know what you're getting into, good and bad. I searched your find on Google and saw a new one for $520.

I passed a GREAT deal on a Beretta 92FS last Monday.

It was an "M9 Marine Edition" for $400.00

I all most bought it, but some thing didn't feel right.

Later that night at 9pm my brother called me and said his hours were cut

to 24 total hours per week. He has 2 children, one is 2 and the other is 5 months.

The moral to this post is: That $400.00 did a whole lot more good than the pistol ever could have done.

If you still have money in your pocket, then you didn't do too bad.

Guest 10mm4me
I passed a GREAT deal on a Beretta 92FS last Monday.

It was an "M9 Marine Edition" for $400.00

I all most bought it, but some thing didn't feel right.

Later that night at 9pm my brother called me and said his hours were cut

to 24 total hours per week. He has 2 children, one is 2 and the other is 5 months.

The moral to this post is: That $400.00 did a whole lot more good than the pistol ever could have done.

If you still have money in your pocket, then you didn't do too bad.

You shoulda bought it and sold it for $550 then you would have had $550 in your pocket.If it was new you just missed out.Those are nice guns.

Guest tntrucknut

Yeah, I'm not kicking myself as hard as I was earlier. I'm still flip flopping though. I'm in the market for a new piece, just can't make my mind up. There's too many guns too choose from! They all have there good points and weak points. I think I've almost talked my self in to holding out for a new Witness. My dad carried a Beretta Model 92 for years on the force and talks highly of them.

Yeah, I'm not kicking myself as hard as I was earlier. I'm still flip flopping though. I'm in the market for a new piece, just can't make my mind up. There's too many guns too choose from! They all have there good points and weak points. I think I've almost talked my self in to holding out for a new Witness. My dad carried a Beretta Model 92 for years on the force and talks highly of them.

You cannot get more gun or a better trigger for around $500 than you can with a Witness Elite Match, period. My $3k Wilson Combat has nothing on a Witness Match other than what name recognition gets you.

It's a nice gun, but I don't think you missed a steal. EAA is a tough sell on the used market. People want Glock, Sig, HK, Smith and Wesson...not really EAA. I wouldn't pay more than 350 for a well used EAA Elite Match. Less than 250 for a regular EAA.

It's a nice gun, but I don't think you missed a steal. EAA is a tough sell on the used market. People want Glock, Sig, HK, Smith and Wesson...not really EAA. I wouldn't pay more than 350 for a well used EAA Elite Match. Less than 250 for a regular EAA.

+1 on part of what you said. The Witness series is the best kept secret in firearms. A really good pistol.

But I would allow $325 regular, $450 Match. Things have gone up you know.