Favorite Action Hero

SavageSig

So, who's your favorite? I like Arnie, Robert De Niro and The Duke just fine, but my personal favorite is:

Kurt Russell

I dunno what it is about this guy, but I consistently enjoy his films. Tombstone, Backdraft, the Escape movies, Big Trouble in Little China...all great. He has that aura of a true action star, but he often shows his comedic side. Like in "Overboard". I especially enjoyed his performance in "Soldier", which often flies below the radar.

So who do you like and why?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Toss up. "Martin Riggs" or "John McLane."

Martin, because his torment adds alot to his character.

John, because he's the everyman that continously has to push his comfort zone to get it done.

Toss up. "Martin Riggs" or "John McLane."

Martin, because his torment adds alot to his character.

John, because he's the everyman that continously has to push his comfort zone to get it done.

Do you mean the fictional characters played by Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis respectively? If we're going to play the fictional character game...

Detective John Kimball

Guest rystine

For actors, I like Bruce Willis. I loved all the Die Hard movies, they're some of my favorites. And I also like him in Sin City.

As far as characters go, it's a toss up between McClane and Jack Bauer from 24. The newest James Bond close behind though.

For actors, I like Bruce Willis. I loved all the Die Hard movies, they're some of my favorites. And I also like him in Sin City.

As far as characters go, it's a toss up between McClane and Jack Bauer from 24. The newest James Bond close behind though.

Yeah, I've got to say that Daniel Craig pulls off Bond better than most. He really gives off that chill of somebody who has a license to kill.

Oh, Clint...I'd like him a lot more if he had just stopped making movies after "Unforgiven". I mean, "Gran Torino" and "Million Dollar Baby" are great, but they sort of dilute that hard-bitten image created by "Outlaw Josey Wales" and the Sergio Leone movies.

But he is BA in "Heartbreak Ridge", "Dirty Harry", and "Kelly's Heroes". And let's not forget that he's one of the few Hollywood icons who knew how to shoot before getting an agent.

Guest mosinon

eh, a bunch of actors. They are as good as the script is. Noting that it is all pretend I really liked Jean Reno in the Professional as well as Gary Oldman in the same movie. I thought they both turned in nice performances. Harrison Ford seemed believable in the Indy movies (never saw the last one)

That guy who does Batman is all right too. I'd add Toby maguire but I'm watching Spider man 3 right now and it s the opposite of good.

eh, a bunch of actors. They are as good as the script is. Noting that it is all pretend I really liked Jean Reno in the Professional as well as Gary Oldman in the same movie. I thought they both turned in nice performances. Harrison Ford seemed believable in the Indy movies (never saw the last one)

That guy who does Batman is all right too. I'd add Toby maguire but I'm watching Spider man 3 right now and it s the opposite of good.

Which Batman? Michael Keaton (my favorite), Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Adam West, or Christian Bale?

While I agree that the script plays an important part as to whether you accept an actor as action hero or not, I would argue that scripts are a dime a dozen and that a true action hero knows whether that script will work for him or not. That's why you see certain actors who are in consistently good movies, and some actors who have 1 or 2 hits and then are horribly lackluster in the rest of their work. i.e. Steven Segal.

Guest mosinon
Which Batman? Michael Keaton (my favorite), Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Adam West, or Christian Bale?

Christian Bale. Though I liked Michael Keaton as Batman as well. Adam West was, in fact, the best Batman ever when you're going for entertainment.

While I agree that the script plays an important part as to whether you accept an actor as action hero or not, I would argue that scripts are a dime a dozen and that a true action hero knows whether that script will work for him or not.

I completely agree, asking who your fave action hero is the same as asking who do you think has the best taste in scripts.

That's why you see certain actors who are in consistently good movies, and some actors who have 1 or 2 hits and then are horribly lackluster in the rest of their work. i.e. Steven Segal.

I only somewhat agree with that. Some times the tastes of the populace change. Steven Segal (wife beater) was going great guns until Jackie Chan came along. It wasn't the movie selection that got Steven it was that people wanted a little comedy in their action. Jackie wore out his welcome and we got Chow Yun Fat and so on.

The really good actors know when to walk away and do something different.

Edited by mosinon
Guest proudsuthrner

i think that i would have to go with....

.......... um....

... CHUCK NORRIS lol.. you know that he played russian roulette with a fully loaded gun and won? now thats just amazing

Edited by proudsuthrner
spelled word wrong
Guest mikedwood

For the last few months I have been waiting not so patiently for the new season of 24 to start.

And tomorrow night at 9 it starts.

Jack Bauer is my favorite action hero.

All mentioned are good but let me add Mel Gibson to the list. Edge of Darkness is the new one and it looks like it will be good. Lethal Weapon series, Payback, Ransom and many more. Check out his movies here Mel Gibson (I)

The problem I have with most actors is they really think that they have all of the answers when they are not acting. Just shut the heck up!!! Let me enjoy you while you are acting and then go back to your mansions in Kommiefornia and quit spouting your liberal horse :poop:

Offhand I can think of a dozen actors that left hollywood to fight in WWII. Those guys voluntarily left big money careers and scads of adoring, beautiful women to go fight in the mud.

Those guys were heroes. These guys are pansies that look good on the screen.

Lee Marvin vs Jack Bauer?

Guest mustangdave
So, who's your favorite? I like Arnie, Robert De Niro and The Duke just fine, but my personal favorite is:

Kurt Russell

I dunno what it is about this guy, but I consistently enjoy his films. Tombstone, Backdraft, the Escape movies, Big Trouble in Little China...all great. He has that aura of a true action star, but he often shows his comedic side. Like in "Overboard". I especially enjoyed his performance in "Soldier", which often flies below the radar.

So who do you like and why?

How about Kurt and Sly in "Tango and Cash"???? I like Sly and how about everyone's favorite New Orleans cop Steven Segal?