Good (almost nonchalant) response for carry

Guest colrmccoll

Guest colrmccoll

Had a minor fender bender today involving a total of three trucks.

On arrival of the Knox County Sheriff's deputy, I walked up to him and said, "before you get started here is my permit."

He asked where it was and I told him IWB at the appendix. His response, "thanks for telling me" and began his investigation.

Edited by colrmccoll
added
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpossible - I've read on this very board that the cop would have body-slammed you, taken your weapon, hand-cuffed you and locked you in the back of his squad car for a few hours to 'teach you some respect'.

But seriously, sounds like you handled it very well.

On arrival of the Knox County Sheriff's deputy, I walked up to him and said, "before you get started here is my permit."

He asked where it was and I told him IWB at the appendix. His response, "thanks for telling me" and began his investigation.

Unpossible - I've read on this very board that the cop would have body-slammed you, taken your weapon, hand-cuffed you and locked you in the back of his squad car for a few hours to 'teach you some respect'.

That's what he meant by "began his investigation." Haha.

I have had several good experiences such as you describe, and I have never a bad experience. I think it really helps letting them know first thing. Some people say you should not tell them just because you are not legally obligated, but I think this would elicit more problem than being up front about it. I am sure someone will contradict.

I have had several good experiences such as you describe, and I have never a bad experience. I think it really helps letting them know first thing. Some people say you should not tell them just because you are not legally obligated, but I think this would elicit more problem than being up front about it. I am sure someone will contradict.

Yes, someone will contadict. Meanwhile, I will CONCUR :hiding:

You = way to go

KCSD = way to go

:hiding:

Or at the very least would have slammed you up against the wall at walmart like he did tyler and then got sued over it.

So far it's always worked that way for me. Just seems to be a bit more respectful than letting them find out by running a radio check.

Guest colrmccoll

I have not had many occurrences to interface with KCSD but every one of them has been with a very professional officer, under Hutchison and now Jones.

One thing I should have mentioned, when the deputy asked where it was, instinctively I patted the butt end through my sweatshirt with my open hand.

Guest bkelm18

Only time I've been pulled over since I've gotten my HCP was by a THP officer. I immediately informed him. His only questions about it were "Where is it?" and "Is it loaded?" Not sure why he asked if it was loaded but other than that, he was very professional as he wrote me a $200 ticket. :D

Only time I've been pulled over since I've gotten my HCP was by a THP officer. I immediately informed him. His only questions about it were "Where is it?" and "Is it loaded?" Not sure why he asked if it was loaded but other than that, he was very professional as he wrote me a $200 ticket. :stare:

He wanted to know if it was loaded because he knew you would be pi$$ed upon receiving a $200 ticket...LOL:D

Only time I've been pulled over since I've gotten my HCP was by a THP officer. I immediately informed him. His only questions about it were "Where is it?" and "Is it loaded?" Not sure why he asked if it was loaded but other than that, he was very professional as he wrote me a $200 ticket. :lol:

Shoulda showed a lil' skin and flirted with him :P

Shoulda showed a lil' skin and flirted with him :P

Apparently that would have to be just for starters. I think they are used to getting more than that here in TN. :lol:

Guest bkelm18
Zoiks!

How fast were you going and what was the posted limit?

79 in a 55. I plead guilty at court and the judge tossed it. Still had to pay the $110 court costs though.

Guest bkelm18
Nice of the judge!

Yeah I thought so. He did that for everyone if they had no priors within 3 yrs or something. There were about 20 people there that day for tickets.

• Moderators

Maybe not as quite as nice as it seems. If they toss it that means that it doesn't get reported to the state and the revenue (court costs in this case) doesn't get shared with the state either.

Like in Brighton, TN, You can get popped for speeding a dozen times there but it won't show up on your MVR because if they report it to the state they have to share the revenue.