What's your ancestry? (curious)

Guest Tenngunner

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad's family from Alsace Lorraine and Ireland, immigrated in mid 1800's. Mom's from England sometime before the American Revolution. Don't know the date. Maybe that's on some DAR paper.

Guest jackdm3

Lumpia are pastries of Chinese origin similar to spring rolls popular in the Philippines and Indonesia. The term lumpia derives from lunpia (traditional Chinese: 潤餅; pinyin: rùnbǐng; POJ: jūn-piáⁿ, lūn-piáⁿ) in the Hokkien language. The recipe, both fried and fresh versions, was brought by the Chinese immigrants from the Fujian province of China to Southeast Asia and became popular where they settled in the Philippines and Indonesia. In the Netherlands and Flanders, it is spelled loempia which is the old Indonesian spelling for lumpia and has also become the generic name for "spring roll" in Dutch. A variant is the Vietnamese lumpia, wrapped in a thinner piece of pastry, in a size close to a spring roll though the wrapping closes the ends off completely, which is typical for lumpia.

:D

My wife's best friend is pure Phili and makes them her way. A way similar to A SPRING ROLL!

Guest Sgt. Joe
Total MUTT, here. To be specific, French, German, Scottish and Cherokee. Daniel Boone is a distant uncle to me like most everyone here.

Yo cuz-in-law....

Daniel is a distant uncle to my wife, by way of his sister Sarah's marriage to John W. It wasnt too popular with the Boone folk from what I have been told as John W. was sort of ruffian as they say :popcorn:

Myself I a total AmeriaMuttaMess I guess. :P

Moms family traced back to mid 1700's as Italian/Scottish/Cherokee she was born and raised in GA.

Dads side traced back to mid 1600's and is French/Canadian He was born and raised in RI. There were Counts and Barrons on dads side way back when what ever the heck they are?

Mom called him "the dam Yankee" my entire life...really :)

For those who insist on hyphenated names I insist on "Pre Founding Fathers" at the beginning of mine.....tiss only right.

Personally I am just happy to be an American, but I do think AmeriaMutt is a better description.:D

And it does give me a good excuse for being such a mess myself....:D