What's your ancestry? (curious)

Guest Tenngunner

Guest Tenngunner

Hi, Y'all- :google:

This came up (briefly) on another thread, so I'm asking it, here.

I'm Scot/Irish, on dad's side-German/Italian, on mom's.

How about you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenngunner

tntnixon:

Mick/Injun, here.

Cherokee, I presume?

Your mention of 'Injun' brings back a good memory...when I was in elementary, I spent an entire school year studying up on all the tribes. The funny thing is, it was not an 'assignment'-I did it all on my own, just out of curiosity. It was a fascinating study, and the knowledge gained still comes in handy, at certain times in life. If I had to say, I'd reckon it was probably caused by the (Shawnee) character Ed Ames played on the old Daniel Boone TV series:

Fess Parker (I)

It's available on DVD now, btw:

Stootsi Store : Daniel Boone TV Series, DVD Set Seasons 1 through 5, Digitally Restored & Remastered Daniel Boone Season

Edited by Tenngunner
Additional link.

AMERICAN:usa: No disrespect meant, just over the last 25 yrs. when this "diversity" crap started , all I here and we focus on is where someones ancestors came from. I'm a "African-American" or Mexican-American, or I'm a German-American, etc. Accept the "American culture" you don't have to give up yours, ........ Just Be an American FIRST , not something ELSE first!!!! I don't CARE where your ancestors came from, I care what YOU are !!!!! OK, I'll get off my soap-box now. Once again, No Offense meant. Just people putting something else in front of being an American bites my buns!!!

Edited by Ae-35
Guest mustangdave

I've been doing research on my "family"...its truly a mixed bag...on my mothers side of the family its looking very English and Swedish with Pennsylvania Dutch thrown in. My fathers side is mostly Scots-Irish and German. Mothers family has been here the longest...the late 1690's, I have discharge papers for a family member from the Revolutionary War. Both families came west as the country grew...moms family settled an area of western Kentucky...my fathers family came to Ohio.

Guest Caveman

My Grandfather spent three years tracing our lineage. The first Caveman on record was a Lord William Caveman in 1676. He lived by the Cave River in Yorkshire England. As far as he could tell with his research, my family are the only ones in the US. We even found our Family crest, which I had made into a pendant. I have one and my brother has one.

AMERICAN:usa: No disrespect meant, just over the last 25 yrs. when this "diversity" crap started , all I here and we focus on is where someones ancestors came from. I'm a "African-American" or Mexican-American, or I'm a German-American, etc. Accept the "American culture" you don't have to give up yours, ........ Just Be an American FIRST , not something ELSE first!!!! I don't CARE where your ancestors came from, I care what YOU are !!!!! OK, I'll get off my soap-box now. Once again, No Offense meant. Just people putting something else in front of being an American bites my buns!!!

I am Northern European-American.:cool: Scotch/Irish/English/German.