Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

DEREK DOOLEY

Dooley, 41, is 17-20 at Louisiana Tech with a 12-12 record in the Western Athletic Conference.

This appears to be a staggeringly underwhelming hire.

This man is down in LSU country, plays a lot of big name teams, and the scores, at least the ones I have watched, are a lot more indicative of his abilities than his record. His LaTech teams give big name teams hell. Imagine what he could do with better abilities to recruit.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the 09 schedule

September 5at Auburn L 37-130-1 (0-0)

September 12at Navy L 32-140-2 (0-0)

September 19Nicholls State W 48-131-2 (0-0)

September 30Hawaii W 27-62-2 (1-0)

October 9at Nevada L 37-142-3 (1-1)

October 17New Mexico State W 45-73-3 (2-1)

October 24at Utah State L 23-213-4 (2-2)

October 31at Idaho L 35-343-5 (2-3)

November 6No. 7 Boise State L 45-353-6 (2-4)

November 14at No. 8 LSU L 24-163-7 (2-4)

November 21at Fresno State L 30-283-8 (2-5)

December 5San Jose State W 55-20

They played Boise and LSU hard. With the TN rep, powerhouse status, better recruiting, might be ok. If he puts together a good staff...even better. For years they have played big game, big.

Stick a fork in me..........I am done with UT football if "Dooley do right" is the best they can do!

Fire hammy! NOW!

Amen,

I knew when they said Muschamp recommended Dooley that things had heated up between UT and dooley. This is an idiotic hire and I think hamilton should be fired like the fella before him was if this is true.

Being that La tech is not exactly a hot bed for talent as not alot of big name players want to go there I wonder if his winning percentage would be alot better if he had some talent (UT)? Also, they (LA Tech) played boise state and some others close and hard this year only loosing by like 1-3 points. If it is true though that he was hired I still think it was a "bad" hire to say the least.

Sources: La. Tech's Dooley on verge of becoming Tennessee Volunteers' coach - ESPN

Louisiana Tech football coach Derek Dooley, son of legendary coach Vince Dooley, has emerged as the top candidate to replace Lane Kiffin as Tennessee's football coach, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Friday.

An announcement could be made by Tennessee officials as early as Friday. However, a source told ESPN.com that the deal is not finalized and that Houston's Kevin Sumlin remains a possibility.

Kiffin left Tuesday to become the coach at USC.

Dooley, in his third season at Louisiana Tech, also is the school's athletic director. He played football at Virginia and has a law degree from Georgia. He was a recruiting coordinator and an assistant coach on Nick Saban's staff at LSU.

Louisiana Tech football coach Derek Dooley, son of legendary coach Vince Dooley, has emerged as the top candidate to replace Lane Kiffin as Tennessee's football coach, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Friday.

An announcement could be made by Tennessee officials as early as Friday. However, a source told ESPN.com that the deal is not finalized and that Houston's Kevin Sumlin remains a possibility.

Kiffin left the program Tuesday to become the coach at USC.

Dooley, in his third season at Louisiana Tech, also is the school's athletic director. He played football at Virginia and has a law degree from Georgia. He was a recruiting coordinator and an assistant coach on Nick Saban's staff at LSU.

Being that La tech is not exactly a hot bed for talent as not alot of big name players want to go there I wonder if his winning percentage would be alot better if he had some talent (UT)? Also, they (LA Tech) played boise state and some others close and hard this year only loosing by like 1-3 points. If it is true though that he was hired I still think it was a "bad" hire to say the least.

I posted the 09 schedule above. He is directly competing with LSU, Houston, Miss State, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, possibly even Georgia on recruiting.

I think he will be ok. With TN rep, his experience, his ability to be competitive with low level players, I think he will do fine. I've watched a few of the La Tech games, they came out and played, win or lose.

IMHO Dooley is about the best you all could expect considering the timing of the search and the level of desperation that has been reached.

All in all I think he is a good coach. If he has any success at all he will surely move on when LSU needs a new head coach

That slap was such a non issue, happens in football.....daily. I love the ones where you see a coach, grab the face mask and pull them where they want them to go.

That 2nd one, damn, he did lose control, he through that cup of Gatorade with a vengeance! The announcer guy with the gay lisp, and no mustard, was cracking me up, if I were watching that game or any game he was calling, I wouldn't.

so no one seems happy about Dooley.

Who exactly was Hamilton supposed to hire? Everyone he offered it to, and from the sounds of things he did offer it to everyone, has turned UT down.

Kid youself that they are turning Hamilton down, they are turning UT down.