2 part question regarding HCP

I'm new here so I will go ahead and apologize if this is and old subject but here is the first question. The woman at the DMV gave me some form to fill out and she said I would need to take it with me when I went to Gunny's to get fingerprinted. However the employee at Gunny's said he didn't need that form and all he did was ask for my ID and ask some basic questions...Anyone else have this happen to them?

2nd question: This seems to be very vague so I just want to clear this up before my permit gets here... As of right now we are NOT allowed to carry into such places such as Red Lobster, Applebees or others that serve alcohol correct??? What about gas stations and super-markets such as Kroger? My HP class was not very informative and it seemed the guy was not up to date on the laws...Sorry this was so long

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new here so I will go ahead and apologize if this is and old subject but here is the first question. The woman at the DMV gave me some form to fill out and she said I would need to take it with me when I went to Gunny's to get fingerprinted. However the employee at Gunny's said he didn't need that form and all he did was ask for my ID and ask some basic questions...Anyone else have this happen to them?

2nd question: This seems to be very vague so I just want to clear this up before my permit gets here... As of right now we are NOT allowed to carry into such places such as Red Lobster, Applebees or others that serve alcohol correct??? What about gas stations and super-markets such as Kroger? My HP class was not very informative and it seemed the guy was not up to date on the laws...Sorry this was so long

Basically the form you were given was probably for cogent finger printing deal and you are supposed to call and setup an appointment. The kpd no longer does the finger printing but it is instead done at @WORK Personnel Services 7212 Kingston Pike # 108, Knoxville - (865) 212-3853

Why did you drive all the way to maryville to get finger printed or were you just in the area?

2nd question: This seems to be very vague so I just want to clear this up before my permit gets here... As of right now we are NOT allowed to carry into such places such as Red Lobster, Applebees or others that serve alcohol correct???

Correct.

What about gas stations and super-markets such as Kroger?

Fine. It's only currently banned in places that serve alcohol for ONSITE CONSUMPTION.

- OS

Basically the form you were given was probably for cogent finger printing deal and you are supposed to call and setup an appointment. The kpd no longer does the finger printing but it is instead done at @WORK Personnel Services 7212 Kingston Pike # 108, Knoxville - (865) 212-3853

Why did you drive all the way to maryville to get finger printed or were you just in the area?

Gunny's does the finger printing for free and I was told that other places charged up to $30 to have it done... Plus the drive to Maryville is a nice change of pace from Knoxville

Gunny's does the finger printing for free and I was told that other places charged up to $30 to have it done...

You were told wrong. The $115 includes fingerprinting price at any authorized fingerprinting station, that the DMV gives you a list of.

I had mine done at a UPS Store in Knoxville, for example.

- OS

Guest That Guy

The questions asked at the printing place were the same as on the sheet. It serves the same purpose; to attach your fingerprints with a physical description. Either way is fine, but when done online (as the guy at the print station did) it is quicker and more easily disseminated.

You can call DOS if you are concerned, but I wouldn't worry. You're good.

It's included. However, if Gunny's will do the printing, then what a nice place to get finger printed. Of course, if they still use the old ink method, it might be quicker to get printed at @Work as it's sent faster than you can blink to Nashville.

Matthew

I learned the hard way that Cogent is the way to go. I went to my county sheriff for fingerprints. They were great to deal with and very helpful. The problem arose when my wife and I got letters from HCP stating that our fingerprint cards had been destroyed. After calling them, and Amanda was very helpful, I found out that the cards were most likely of insufficient quality and could not be used. The letter encouraged me to use the Cogent option as an expeditious solution. I followed their guidance and had my fingerprints captured at the local UPS store at no cost.

If you are applying for an HCP, use the Cogent solution and the process will go more smoothly.

The paper was for Cogent. You write down the authorization number they give you on it, and then the actual finger printing place either throws it away or lets you keep it. The cost of the prints is in the $115 you pay at the DMV. That part is written into the law, IIRC. Wouldn't that mean if someone is charging HCP applicants for prints that they are breaking the law??