Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro 40SW For Summer Carry

Guest dreh

For me, I like what I read about the PT 140 Millennium Pro 40SW. It is strictly for "concealed carry." I like what I read about this Taurus. As of yet, have not been able to put one in my hands.

This is all about a "Summer Carry" concealed carry pistol. With a tucked-in shirt with either slacks or shorts, is this a good decision for spring and summer time? Already using a GLOCK 32 the rest of the year. Can this size pistol be a pocket carry? Again, the way I have to dress for the summer. I appreciate any input of those who have had "hands on experience" carrying the PT 140 Millennium Pro. :chill:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a TAURUS , ( I cannot believe that im going to say this ) if you already carry a GLOCK why not get a GLOCK 26 .40 SW . You are familiar with glock just down size . Now dont get me wrong I like Taurus . The 26 is a great shooter . Hope I could help .:chill:

I have a PT140 and really like it; But wouldn't consider it a "pocket pistol" in the usual sense. It's a good carry size for iwb carry [although I prefer a belt holster personally]; but not sure if you mean pants pocket or even light jacket pocket. If you want a pants pocket carry, I'd really consider something like the 809 Slim or a Keltec.

Although I don't care for the trigger pull on the 9mm keltec. JMO

My wife and I went hunting for a new pistol for her at the gunshow today. She took a hard took at the Taurus 709 slim 9mm as well as the .380 Taurus TCP. We ended up finding a nice slightly used Kahr PM40. Its significantly smaller than the 709 but the grip was large enough that she could get all her fingers on the grip (unlike the TCP and Keltecs)

After going to the range, I feel like we made a good choice. Her other pistol is a Taurus revolver so we aren't brand haters but I just feel a little better about the Kahr than a Taurus semi-auto due to reviews and opinions about the reputation of the two companies I've read over the last couple days.

I don't have one, but but one of my best friends does and I have shot probably 100 rounds through it. I can't say that I could recommend it. At least once out of every 20 rounds the magazine pops out. He has three magazines and only one doesn't do it regularly. I think it partially has to do with the location of the magazine release, but it does it constantly. I won't say they all do this, but on this particular one, it does it a lot. I also agree with the above that it is probably not a pocket pistol.

In the end, I wouldn't trust my life with it. I think there are probably better options in my opinion.