Boy did I have it wrong...

turkeydad

I have a Maadi ARM. . .Intrac import from 1995. Rifle is stock (still has thumbhole stock but I did refinish it and added a 1 inch butt pad for length even had a hole so could still use the trap door for cleaning kit). Added a side mount plate (thank you CCA they did a good job) and mounted a 1.5x6x44mm low light illuminated reticle scope and just love it to death. When I bought the gun came with 1 5 round clip and 4 30 rounders I also purchased some more (all imported eastern european steel mags).

For some reason I had it in my head that I could use hicap mags without 922r issues as long as they were foreign made...now learned that is not the case so I need to convert it. . .it does have a threaded barrel with a cap tack welded on it... my question is this:

If I use an american made pistol grip and stock (but use my current stock front grips)...remove the threaded muzzle cover add an american made compensator and a tapco trigger group that should take care of my compliance issues correct?

Also any recommendations for getting these items here between Athens and Ktown

Edited by turkeydad
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
On a side note, there is hardly anyway to know where parts came from on an AK as very little is stamped.

American made AK parts are usually stamped. If they aren't stamped, it's a safe bet they are foreign.

On a side note, there is hardly anyway to know where parts came from on an AK as very little is stamped.

I appreciate the sentiment. . .burden of proof lol . . . but ive been really wanting to to add a compensator and one of those Ironwood Designs stocksets died ruske red would look awful good on my maadi. .+ trigger group then good to go..

Edited by turkeydad
I appreciate the sentiment. . .burden of proof lol . . . but ive been really wanting to to add a compensator and one of those Ironwood Designs stocksets died ruske red would look awful good on my maadi. .+ trigger group then good to go..

I understand. My feelings are that no one has ever been even charged with a 922r issue much less arrested, because it (by the ATF's own admission) is unenforceable. It has more to do with satisfying import issues than personal ownership. That being said it is fairly easy to make them complaint and not worry about it.

Absolutely Smith. . .but how else am I going to justify the $150.00 to $170.00 that Im going to spend on the trigger group, stock set and compensator to wife. . .I mean "its a legality issue" sounds so much better than "I really wanted to make it look like a russian AK". . .just following Mr Twain's advice from your signature. . .

Back to the task at hand. . . Whats the difference between single hook and double hook trigger set? Never really paid any attention to mine. . .

Absolutely Smith. . .but how else am I going to justify the $150.00 to $170.00 that Im going to spend on the trigger group, stock set and compensator to wife. . .I mean "its a legality issue" sounds so much better than "I really wanted to make it look like a russian AK". . .just following Mr Twain's advice from your signature. . .

Back to the task at hand. . . Whats the difference between single hook and double hook trigger set? Never really paid any attention to mine. . .

Seems I have used that argument before!:taunt:

If you look at the underside of the receiver where the trigger comes out you will notice either one or two "slots" at the front corners of the trigger hole. If there is one (most semi AK's) it will have one thus single hook. If there are two then you will need a double hook. IIRC the double hook is mainly for fully AK's although some semi's have double hooks.