pf9 trigger

sigmtnman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with trblmkr13 Kel tec guns are ok for a carry weapon but not much fun to shoot. I all but gave up shooting mine. I really doubt it will improve with use. Suggest you look around for another gun that is nice to shoot and or carry. I will never buy another Kel tec... I was looking for something cheap and that is what I got.

Thanks again guys. The customer service is too good for me to give it up. I have not found a better pocket 9 that feels good in my hand and is that small. I know it's not a range gun, but most guns can stand some customization to make them into better shooters.

Guest 10mm4me

My whole thing is, what good is concealment if you can't shoot the dang thing. A gun that conceals well, is worthless to me if I can't shhot it accurately.Remember, you are responsible for every round that leaves that weapon so if you are not 100% you are able to hit your target and not something beyond it, do not pull the trigger.Personally I would rather own a good knife than a Kel-Tec.JMO.Try a G26

These guns were never intended to shoot that much. I had a P11 that broke. I am not sure what the rd count was, but I know it was not more than 400 rds. They are intended to carry around in your pocket and be there when you need it, but they are not intended to be carried to the range and shot for fun.

Guest 10mm4me

I guess they are good "gut bustin" guns but as far as triggers go, I don't think they are worth the trouble or money to pay a competent guy to do a job on them.

My whole thing is, what good is concealment if you can't shoot the dang thing. A gun that conceals well, is worthless to me if I can't shhot it accurately.Remember, you are responsible for every round that leaves that weapon so if you are not 100% you are able to hit your target and not something beyond it, do not pull the trigger.Personally I would rather own a good knife than a Kel-Tec.JMO.Try a G26

I am not sure where the accuracy comment comes from. My pf9 is as accurate as my g22 at 25 yds.

I just want to minimize the trigger slap.

The only Trigger issue i have ever heard of was that all of the PF-9 models made before July 08, had such a long Trigger reset, that many folks mainly who use Glocks could not get used to the long reset and if not allowed to reset then they slide would not to be Racked, not good if in a Shoot-out.

They will replace the parts free and Upgrade the gun or send you the new hammer block which can be replaced and solve that prob.

I got 2 new hammer blocks for free last yr.and put 1 in my P-32 and the other in my PF-9, same block for both guns and not hard to do, i also had them send me the metal mag release for the PF-9 (also free) and Upgraded it!

JJ

Perhaps I will contact them. Their customer service is great. I bought this gun used from a fellow TGOr and had a problem, sent it in and they fixed it and shipped it back free of charge. How many companies will warranty a used gun? That tells me they want folks happy with their products.