Glock 36 Report

The Rabbi

I sold a customer this used Glock 36 a few weeks back. He and I have become friends (he's a Sunni Muslim from a Yemenite family I should mention).

He came back and complained the gun wouldn't eject properly, causing stove pipes.

I told him to bring it by and I would check it out this weekend. I also was curious to shoot the thing.

I suspected (rightly) that the customer was limp-wristing the gun, easy to do with this model. That would cause the failures he mentioned. My gun smith describes this as "a loose nut behind the trigger."

I took 50 rounds of American Ammo hardball and ran 5 mags' worth through the gun. No failures of any kind. I shot some of them fast and some deliberate with no problems.

I like the gun, slim size and very compact. Recoil was satisfyingly hard.

One thing I discovered I didnt like is that there is a small gap between the floor plate of the mag and the bottom of the grip. The gun pinched my little finger with every shot. I dont know if a mag extension would solve that or not.

The sights, standard white cut out with front white dot, where very easy to use and acquired quickly.

Overall if I were looking for a carry semi I would look strongly at the Glock.

Of course I am not looking for a semi. I trust tried and true technology instead....

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot a Glock 33 (.357 sig) this weekend as well.

Really surprised how well I hit with the little thing. I was thinking

the recoil would be a little hard to manage, but it wasn't. I would

have prefered a fingerrest on the mag or something so it would

fit better.

Also shot a glock 22 (.40) as well. REALLY surprised at it.

Walked right through eight bowling pins with ease. In fact

we had about 3-4 shooters that had never shot a Glock (or many

handguns at all) able to hit the pins 80% of the time.

It has really changed my opinion of them. I wish I could

have had the opertunity to have shot a Glock 32... but no

one had one. :(

Currently own... and often carry a G 36. You are dead on in your assessment of its performance and reliability. Lightweight and reliable 45 in the hands of a proficient (competent?) shooter. Unreliable to others....not a good choice for a shooter with weak skills. It does tend to pinch my hand a bit in the gap between the bottom of the frame and the magazine. Good to hear an accurate and straightforward assessment.