Ala/Texas

Mike.357

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Saban ever smile? In the post game interview he looks like someone just killed his dog. I loved the Gatoraid shower, he looked so pissed. :P That Texas kid can hold his head high. He did the best he could with the situation he was in. Now I know all the Bama fans will get all bent out of shape, but this would have been a different game if McCoy wouldnt have got hurt. I'm not saying that Texas would have won, but it would have been a different game. Congrats Bama.

Small Karma alert! How bout that cooler to the ear there Saban for scoring again when it wasn't necessary.

they had no choice but to score. tx still had 2 timeouts and would have used them and then got the ball back only down 10 points. i know it isn't likely they could have scored 10 points in under a minute but it is possible. and bama sure as hell couldn't leave it in the hands of their kicker.

Edited by brooksjr
Does Saban ever smile? In the post game interview he looks like someone just killed his dog. I loved the Gatoraid shower, he looked so pissed. :P That Texas kid can hold his head high. He did the best he could with the situation he was in. Now I know all the Bama fans will get all bent out of shape, but this would have been a different game if McCoy wouldnt have got hurt. I'm not saying that Texas would have won, but it would have been a different game. Congrats Bama.

For his NFL future this is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. The Bama defense would have made him look weak and his stock would have dropped. I care for neither team but sure don't see how the Big 12 gets the hype they do. The SEC is a class above every conference.

There was 1:45 on the clock when they took over. They ran for a first down so they could have taken their first down snap at approx 1:00. Two more snaps and kneels and it was over.

Classless yet classic Saban.

I stand corrected on the time issue

didn't realize you were one of those

i get so tired of people being haters unless they're hating the vols:)

Texas only had one timeout at that point in time. I didn't see the move as classless. Now if they start passing then that would be classless.

i get so tired of people being haters unless they're hating the vols:)

Now if you want to talk about classless, this is the definition of classless. :D:lol::lol::lol: Go Vols! :D:P

Guest Sgt. Joe
Sgt. Joe...I (personally) was speaking in TODAYS terms...as in...go to Indy and get Peyton(TODAY) and suit him up....if you think there is a better QB in the world(TODAY)....you are sadly mistaken.....

I think it is a given that if you take a Pro with years of experience and put him on a college team you change the game dramatically. Personally I like his brother better.

That kid from Texas nearly pulled it off.....had TX blew out more teams and he had gotten more playing time thru the year he may well have.

Also had I been the TX coach I would have went for the TD on at least one if not both of the early field goals.

But alas it is but history now.

I wasn't talking Peyton at Tenn, I was talking Peyton + Texas right now.

When you think best QBs ever you think Peyton, Dan Marino, and so forth.

Exactly!

Ahh Marino and MY Dolphins....tons of records...until Peyton broke them all....but he didnt win squat for the team.

IMO all QB's are over-rated, someone has to block and someone else has to catch those passes. They are also blamed too much for losses.....but that is just part of the game I guess and I dont see it changing none.

OHHHHH TX fumbles...the frosh shows his true colors.

Game over

The SEC reigns supreme...and the college football world is as it should be

As they said last year "And that would be that"

The SEC does reign Supreme.

Did you hear them talking about pre-season rankings?....sounded like the very same words used last year at the end of the game about FL.:P

I am proud my team is even second place in such a conference.....But it very well could be awhile for that again. I think you Vols fans will be quite happy next year.

Man.... Sept is a looong ways off. Withdrawls setting in already:rolleyes:

I'm gonna need that range on saturdays to wean me off this year. Thinking of such it may not be that bad.:D