They are now working with a Shop VAC to remove moisture before it

freezes.

33,000 metric tons of salt have also been applied in the general area as

a precaution.

In other news.......

A freak salt storm has been reported in the parking areas and sidewalks

around Dell in Nashville.

Walking and driving is hazardous due to the accumulation of salt which

has made walkways slippery due to its round granular shape.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the grocery store last night, and they still had plenty of milk and bread. Made me glad that everyone has finally stopped all the panic buying when the news mentions snow. Now if the county would stop dumping all this stuff on the roads for no reason things would be in great shape around here.

Guest mustangdave

I am going to be doing a driving demonstration in the back parking lot at 2PM..."ROUSH Mustang and the Proper Do-NUT"...perhaps it will end up on YOU TUBE like the guy in the yellow Vette...but I'll have TRACTION CONTROL "OFF"

Nashville TV weather people were a HOOT this AM. To hear them talk, we were in for a blizzard.

And even when their predictions are wrong, they never admit to it and still talk like they had been saying the whole time the snow was going to miss us.

Basically weather people are only good for telling you what the weather is like right now, and also how it was yesterday. Anyone who can walk outside can do that.

Never, never, never trust the local weather guys. They're only in it to make money off of ratings. The truth is, they don't even really forecast weather. They get all their data from NOAA and then spin it any way they see fit.

One of the few things the federal government does right is NOAA. So I always just go straight to the horses mouth. It's amazing the difference you'll see between what the local guy says and what the actual data shows (e.g. Local guy will say it's gonna snow 6", but NOAA says there is only a 10% chance of any accumulation).

Check it out for yourselves www.NOAA.gov .

I was in the grocery store last night, and they still had plenty of milk and bread. Made me glad that everyone has finally stopped all the panic buying when the news mentions snow.

Damn! Now what am I supposed to do with these 400 gallons of milk and 600 loaves of bread???? I was going to get rich. :P

Guest mustangdave
And even when their predictions are wrong, they never admit to it and still talk like they had been saying the whole time the snow was going to miss us.

Basically weather people are only good for telling you what the weather is like right now, and also how it was yesterday. Anyone who can walk outside can do that.

In the Navy...we called them..."WEATHER GUESSERS"

Guest mustangdave
Damn! Now what am I supposed to do with these 400 gallons of milk and 600 loaves of bread???? I was going to get rich. :P

TGO Classifieds...????

Guest Swamprunner

We got a few granules over here in Loudon County, and they sent the kids home at 1:30. I was just getting used to having the house back. I had enough togetherness over the holidays.

Oh crap, I'm outta milk...... . Be right back.

Guest jeliggett

I am sick of all the Al Gore bashing that goes on. Remember he is a son of our state. Do you guys know how cold it would be if not for his global warming. We need to thank him.

I rest my case.

There is just enough snow here to stick to the county roads, the ones that weren't brined (all of them).

I just followed a bed-wetter at 20 MPH for 5 miles before my turnoff. I'm here for the duration, or until 5 PM Saturday when I have to go to work again. Unless I run out of gin . . . .

Damn! Now what am I supposed to do with these 400 gallons of milk and 600 loaves of bread???? I was going to get rich. :D

Spread the bread all over your yard, pour the milk on top of it, and wait for it to freeze. Then sit and watch all the weather people flock to your yard so they can act like they were right about how much snow they said we were in for. :P

I just saw a dump truck go up SR307 with the bed tilted, obviously dropping salt. It had a plow on the front - never saw a snowplow in Tennessee before. Didn't know we had 'em.

Some of the big stores in the Detroit area lease BIG front-end loaders for the winter to move the parking lot snow into snow mountains. The mountains hang around until May, sort of like glacier calves.

Guest Drewsett

In Northern IN where I went to HS I remember every Tom, Dick, and Harry had a plow they hooked on the front of their trucks when the first snow fell. Kept em on there til April at least...but then again with all the lake effect snow it was justifiable. Here in TN people freak out over 2 flakes.

When I was the Properties elder at my church in Michigan I both hired and fired those guys. I fired one after he didn't show at the church on a Saturday night when we got about 8-9 inches. My son and I plowed the parking lot with shovels and a 8 HP snowblower during the Sunday service. I was NOT amused.

Those guys did lawn maintenance during the summer and snow removal in the winter. It was rough on the trucks. I've seen them with broken frames from the snow plowing.