Nice boat gets trashed

DavidD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did the Bat Boat join Whale wars?

I love how even though the Jap ship ripped the nose off of their boat they are still giving them the fire hose!

Yeah, and you know it had to hurt like hell, all that ice cold salt water being blasted at them standing out in the cold.

I wish they'd actually crack down on the Japanese for that crap. I had to quit watching the show because I'd get so frustrated that the Sea Shepherd crew weren't really accomplishing anything.

I fully support them, but I'd support them more if they opened up on those asshats with a mini-gun.

Yeah, I'll admit - I watch that show because it's fun, but I don't really care about whales (sorry to those that do). I just wish that the Sea Shepherds would grow some nuts. I believe that Trey Parker said it best on South Park:

"They don't care about having stinky crap thrown at them... oh wow! Look! You stink now, because we threw stinky stuff at you. These people play around in whale guts all day long - like they give a **** about some stinky crap in a bottle..."

:hijack:

I love that firehose - that guy on the top of the deck got his ass BLASTED. :lol:

[EDIT] - oh yeah...

paulwatson1.jpg

:up:

Edited by Moody
Picture time!
I wish they'd actually crack down on the Japanese for that crap. I had to quit watching the show because I'd get so frustrated that the Sea Shepherd crew weren't really accomplishing anything.

I fully support them, but I'd support them more if they opened up on those asshats with a mini-gun.

I feal ya. I personally have mixed emotions about it. I do think we (earthlings) should protect the whales especially from extinction however we must also respect that hunting them is an important part of some peoples culture, as let's say Elk are here. The Japs are definitely going way overboard from what I read though.

Yeah, I'll admit - I watch that show because it's fun, but I don't really care about whales ..

They always speak highly of you, but then whales are nicer than most people. :hijack:

We NEED the whales, though - didn't we learn anything from Star Trek IV or remake of Day the Earth Stood Still?

- OS

I feal ya. I personally have mixed emotions about it. I do think we (earthlings) should protect the whales especially from extinction however we must also respect that hunting them is an important part of some peoples culture, as let's say Elk are here. The Japs are definitely going way overboard from what I read though.

I'm all for hunting, but when you do it against the laws under a false front on a protected species it's a bit of a problem for me. I'm not a bleeding heart by any means, but I think this is wrong.

Guest c.a.s.
I'm all for hunting, but when you do it against the laws under a false front on a protected species it's a bit of a problem for me. I'm not a bleeding heart by any means, but I think this is wrong.

Got some news for you, the Japanese are breaking no laws. IN fact, the Minke whales are far from extinct, and there are no laws against hunting them. The IWC is an AGREEMENT between countries to limit their whaling, or stop altogether, except for scientific purposes. It holds no legal standing, it is a simple agreement. The Japanese are going the extra mile to placate fools.

In short.

The Minke whales are not protected, and are far from endangered.

They are breaking no laws.

The Whale Wars people are violating international law on multiple occasions, and are lucky they haven't been sunk and left to die. The Japanese are really $%*$ing holding back. They're being kind to the poor fools. They understand they can't comprehend anything put in front of them other than "bad" and "good".

Oh, and false front? They have to TURN IN FINDINGS to facilitate further licenses. If they aren't turning in findings, no more licenses! And the IWc themselves REQUIRE the whale meat be sold on the open mark to prevent wasting the animal. They are not allowed to waste any of the corpse, inedible parts and all.

I wonder why the Steve Irwin doesn't go after the other countries who are openly hunting whales for food, and aren't members of the IWC? Oh yeah, those countries' ships might actually sink them!

Guest c.a.s.
That was funny.

I don't mind folks clubbing baby seals either but not into extinction!

Against the propaganda, it is actually highly controlled. Simply, there aren't any toher tools they can feasibly use that woudl still follow those guidelines. Any firearms must meet extreme force standards (talking higher deer-calibers here), that would ruin pretty much the entire thing. The Hakapik is more efficient at transferring energy than a normal club, and a well-trained man with one could be as deadly as a well-trained rifleman, if not from as far out.

Against the propaganda, it is actually highly controlled. Simply, there aren't any toher tools they can feasibly use that woudl still follow those guidelines. Any firearms must meet extreme force standards (talking higher deer-calibers here), that would ruin pretty much the entire thing. The Hakapik is more efficient at transferring energy than a normal club, and a well-trained man with one could be as deadly as a well-trained rifleman, if not from as far out.

Cody, dude, you know way more about this subject than any 17 year old should.......:hijack:

If the "Sea Shepherd" is all the whales have fighting for them they are screwed. All those hippies that are on that show could be some of the dumbest people I have ever seen. I'm all for protecting whales but come on, there has got to be someone smarter than this bunch.

Guest c.a.s.
Cody, dude, you know way more about this subject than any 17 year old should.......:drool:
I've witnessed and taken part in much more extended debates on the topic. This has included researchers, and even actual members of both halves of each argument. The Japanese men on the ships are doing their jobs to provide for their families, and face enough natural dangers from the arctic seas that the acid bombs (the "rotten utter" is not so--it's butryic acid, which can cause burns, can cause severe damage to the eyes, and ironically, it's a severe hazard to the sea life around. Much like the dropped ropes the Sea Shepards are fond of using) are completely unnecessary dangers, as are the ropes to entangle and stop the props and rudders (and being stranded immobile in the arctic seas is near suicide, or murder in this case), and sometimes fireworks shot at the boats. I find they've been rather kind to the Sea Shepards with their use of water cannons, and sound. I say they are quite lucky the Japanese just didn't use an explosive harpoon.

For the harp seal hunters, while it looks brutal, and in all fairness rather is brutal, it's the most efficient way that can do the deed without completely destroying anything harvestable. A properly-trained man can stun or kill the animal with the first blow, so that it doesn't suffer more than is necessary to cause enough head or spine trauma to kill it.

I've witnessed and taken part in much more extended debates on the topic. This has included researchers, and even actual members of both halves of each argument. The Japanese men on the ships are doing their jobs to provide for their families, and face enough natural dangers from the arctic seas that the acid bombs (the "rotten utter" is not so--it's butryic acid, which can cause burns, can cause severe damage to the eyes, and ironically, it's a severe hazard to the sea life around. Much like the dropped ropes the Sea Shepards are fond of using) are completely unnecessary dangers, as are the ropes to entangle and stop the props and rudders (and being stranded immobile in the arctic seas is near suicide, or murder in this case), and sometimes fireworks shot at the boats. I find they've been rather kind to the Sea Shepards with their use of water cannons, and sound. I say they are quite lucky the Japanese just didn't use an explosive harpoon.

For the harp seal hunters, while it looks brutal, and in all fairness rather is brutal, it's the most efficient way that can do the deed without completely destroying anything harvestable. A properly-trained man can stun or kill the animal with the first blow, so that it doesn't suffer more than is necessary to cause enough head or spine trauma to kill it.

Ok Ok already, screw the whales, save the whalers! :drool:

btw, when I was 14 I saw my first (and last) hog slaughter. If people only knew how their bacon started out.......

Guest tdtennessee
Ok Ok already, screw the whales, save the whalers! :usa:

btw, when I was 14 I saw my first (and last) hog slaughter. If people only knew how their bacon started out.......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, bacon,:panic:

Got some news for you, the Japanese are breaking no laws. IN fact, the Minke whales are far from extinct, and there are no laws against hunting them. The IWC is an AGREEMENT between countries to limit their whaling, or stop altogether, except for scientific purposes. It holds no legal standing, it is a simple agreement. The Japanese are going the extra mile to placate fools.

In short.

The Minke whales are not protected, and are far from endangered.

They are breaking no laws.

The Whale Wars people are violating international law on multiple occasions, and are lucky they haven't been sunk and left to die. The Japanese are really $%*$ing holding back. They're being kind to the poor fools. They understand they can't comprehend anything put in front of them other than "bad" and "good".

Oh, and false front? They have to TURN IN FINDINGS to facilitate further licenses. If they aren't turning in findings, no more licenses! And the IWc themselves REQUIRE the whale meat be sold on the open mark to prevent wasting the animal. They are not allowed to waste any of the corpse, inedible parts and all.

I wonder why the Steve Irwin doesn't go after the other countries who are openly hunting whales for food, and aren't members of the IWC? Oh yeah, those countries' ships might actually sink them!

+1000

The Sea Shepherd people really piss me off. I wouldn't be nearly as restrained as the Japanese Whalers are.

Who is FUNDING those idiots? That was an expensive boat they trashed!

I have NO sympathy for radical environmentalists. Bunch of watermelons, 'green on the outside, red on the inside'. If they were truly interested in reducing waste and protecting species, they would be supporting research efforts to find alternative methods and sources of materials.

I wonder why Sea Shepherd doesn't try these methods on the Caribbean islanders that hunt whales from small boats with harpoons?

I grew up on a farm. I saw many cattle, sheep (and lambs), chickens, hogs, etc. go from farm animal to my plate.

So yes I know how bacon starts out. I know where my steaks and ground beef come from.

As to these eco-nuts, I'm not the least bit sorry there million dollar boat got smashed.

Who is FUNDING those idiots? That was an expensive boat they trashed!

I have NO sympathy for radical environmentalists. Bunch of watermelons, 'green on the outside, red on the inside'. If they were truly interested in reducing waste and protecting species, they would be supporting research efforts to find alternative methods and sources of materials.

I wonder why Sea Shepherd doesn't try these methods on the Caribbean islanders that hunt whales from small boats with harpoons?

Bob Barker for one and a huge +10000 for c.a.s. I have no sympathy for terrorist, environmental or otherwise. They get little news play but they are a dangerous bunch on the West Coast.

Guest mustangdave
If the "Sea Shepherd" is all the whales have fighting for them they are screwed. All those hippies that are on that show could be some of the dumbest people I have ever seen. I'm all for protecting whales but come on, there has got to be someone smarter than this bunch.

LMAO...these "hippies" are the "stoners" from HS that use to come in from lunch break wasted...or were busy majoring in underwater basket weaving at junior college. We all know who they were.

Guest Drewsett

What I think is even funnier is that people are saying that the Jap boat rammed the little speedboat or whatever, but you can clearly see the wake kick up on the smaller boat at the end of the video....the little boat definitely was the one that caused the collision.