Instead of kiddie tats, here's guitar string used masterfully!

This is Tommy Emmanuel. Chet Atkins bestowed the title of "Certified Guitar Player" on him, and before old Chester passed, he was awful stingy with that. On the first vid, skip to 1:05 if you don't want to listen to the talking.

The second video will make you smile if you a) ever tried to play guitar, or :confused: love the Beatles. That should cover most people.

YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel - Train To Dusseldorf

YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel - Here Comes The Sun / mix

Enjoy!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you understand the joke about Dusseldorf?

1. We are badly out of sync - I am slow to return fire. This thread will be unreadable for any followers. Sorry.

2. I've never been to Germany, so no, I didn't get the Dusseldorf joke. Care to enlighten? If it makes the video better, I'm all ears. Or eyes, whatever.

No. I didn't get it either. But the audience certainly did.

I'm not sure where the joke is...if you know, elaborate. Otherwise, I'll just assume Germans aren't funny, and laugh out of reflex when someone speaking English stops for a moment.

"Ja, das ist komisch, richtig? Wir sollen jetzt lachen? Sehr gut dann werden wir lachen und fröhlich sein, wie wir tun sollen."

/"Yes, this is funny, right? We're supposed to laugh now? Very good, then we will laugh and be merry, as we are supposed to do." - Not my translation, I don't speak German.

Guest jackdm3

Part German, but I don't speak it. My cousin't fiance is German and she says that even when they wish a child happy birthday or good night, it sounds like they are killing the kid!:rofl:

Guest Ghostrider

Not to steal the subject, but here's my musical gift for today - a bit long hair for some, I'm sure, but you can't deny the skill, nor the instrument.