To Carry or Not To Carry

Guest ChiefSmitty

Guest ChiefSmitty

I will first apologize for this post if the information is found elsewhere. I have searched for the new provisions which would allow legal carry into restaurants which serve alcohol, then I saw where they deemed it unconstitutional and now you can't. I have just returned home from Afghanistan and want to be legal when I carry. So what gives? A little explanation please.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short.......the law has (temporarily at least) reverted back to what it probably was when you deployed.

For a few weeks, we had legal carry into (unposted) establishments that served for on-premises consumption if you didn't drink.

A Davidson County Chancery Court injunction negated that, and now we're back to no legal carry in any establishment that serves for on-premises cosumption.

Guest SUNTZU
I will first apologize for this post if the information is found elsewhere. I have searched for the new provisions which would allow legal carry into restaurants which serve alcohol, then I saw where they deemed it unconstitutional and now you can't. I have just returned home from Afghanistan and want to be legal when I carry. So what gives? A little explanation please.

Most people have given you answers, so I just want to say welcome back...and thank you.

Guest Tn.Mitch

I think it finially went ito law on the first of July,I could be wrong,we had it until November the 20th I think it was when the Judge reversed it ....soooooo we had it about 4 months,and not 1 person was shot while eating out where drinks were being served,no gun fights,no blood in the streets,I think it was Arizona got there law passed to do the same,about the same time as we did,they still have there right to....I never would hve believed it all if I hadent seen it myself...sometimes I still cant believe it happened.It just IMHO I doubt if we get it back this year at all.They are going to have to change theTN. State laws on the books that define a bar and a resturant,its going to take forever....all the media and the anti gun people are loving it.I guess it could allways be worse....we could be living in Illinois....lol,no carriy at all.except LEO's. I gont know how those people stand it.One day they should all wake up,load a U-haul truck,and move away to another state....Wonder how the State Goverment would like that???

Edited by Tn.Mitch

Welcome back home Chief Smitty. Thank you for your service to our country. I don't have the answer, but I'm sure you've come to the right place. Someone on here, will no doubt, give you the latest skinny on the rules.

Edited by Sidewinder
Didn't notice the date on the post.

Welcome home, and I am glad you are safe. Thank you for your service to our nation!

I am one of the lucky HCP holders who falls through the legal cracks at the restaurant I work in every day: There is an exception to the now-deemed-unconstitutional law permitting carry in restaurants serving alcohol by LEOs and owners and employees of the establishment. Thank God! :D

I still look forward to what this new legislative session may bring, and I am hoping for the best for preserving our self-defense rights...