I'm sitting in the lobby at the DMV...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

When I went to the DMV, I chose one that didn't have a lot of traffic through it(Paris,TN). I wouldn't have dared used Clarksville or I would have felt the same

as you. I was in and out in ten minutes, five of which was spent on yakking with

the lady behind the counter. Altogether a good experience. I don't envy you. :D

For any Nashvillians (or Nashvillains, if you prefer that): there is a Dept. of Safety office in the TN Tower downtown, the entrance is on 7th, south of Church St., I think. It's the tallest building in the Capitol area, so it's not hard to find.

It's empty during the day, but gets busy in the afternoon and evening. The staff said that if you get in there between buses, the wait isn't bad even during the late afternoon / evening crush.

Edited by StPatrick
I should have,:rofl: but I used the midtown loc. as it is just up the street from work. In reality it wasn't that bad for a Memphis DMV, only 2.5 hours. :D:rofl:

Walnut Grove? That is where I went and I was only there for 30 minutes. I got there at 10:15 and was leaving at 10:45.

Guest Tn Mitch

I got my DL and my HCP in the same week at the same DMV in Nashville,and they took my pic both times in the same week,,,,insane,I hope I never have to go through all that bull again,and out all those Bucks$$$$....

• Moderators
Walnut Grove? That is where I went and I was only there for 30 minutes. I got there at 10:15 and was leaving at 10:45.

It t used to be a really slow center, I think more people are starting to head there instead of Summer. But it was pretty busy. got there @ 8:30, out at around 11.

For those in NE TN, the one in Blountville is where you will find the longest lines. The one in Johnson City is a bit better, but not much. There used to be one in Elizabethton, and if it is still there it would be worth the drive because there was never a line there. Also, as a side note, if you need to do a driving test for a CDL, there is a third party tester in Mountain City. He has tractor-trailers available to rent for the test, and he is a real world tester. In other words, the chicks that test you at the other locations could not switch seats with you and get the truck underway. They have never driven one in their lives. The guy in Mountain City is a retired over the road driver, and knows if you are driving up to par or if you don't have a clue and would be dangerous out on the road. Hope this may help somebody.