Guest Bluemax

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax
Yea my Dad and brother both have them. They are one of the softest shooting 1911's I have ever shot. I think you will be very happy with it. Is the one you are looking at all stainless?

No it's parkerized. Thanks for the reply, I had been reading some mixed reviews about FTF's and problems with the ported barrel when shooting at night Any thoughts ?

Neither one of their's have ever had any problems with FTF's or FTE's. The ports do throw a flame out. When you shoot it at night the bright flash does take away your natural "nightvision". All around they are nice pistols. I have been looking for a 6 inch V16 for some time, but just cant find one for the right price.

Do you mean the Ultra Compact? If so, I just traded a Hi-Cap one away. It was extremely accurate and reliable and surprisingly did NOT kick like a mule. I thought the recoil was more manageable than a full size Government 1911. This was a non-ported Loaded.

I'm not sure the ported barrel will be all that useful in reducing recoil, and the muzzle blast will be increased.

Guest Bluemax

Cmon Guys Surely someone else has an opionion. I have been wanting a 1911 for a very long time and have a gentleman interested in trading on my Kahr MK40. again I like the Kahr but have been looking for a 1911. Anyone else have any thoughts on the Springfield Ultra Carry V10 and if it is a good entry level 1911

Cmon Guys Surely someone else has an opionion.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the Springfield Ultra Carry V10 and if it is a good entry level 1911

Is this a new gun? I’ve never heard of it and when googling it I ran across a thread on the high road that was started 5 years ago and picked back up recently. There were some owners in there that didn’t have much good to say about it.

I have used ported pistols and revolvers both in competition, but wouldn’t want one for carry.

Guest Bluemax

No Its not a new gun. I found a couple on GB and read a couple of reviews on line but was hoping for some one with first hand knowledge like Jasongar8 The only thing that makes it unusual is that the 3" barrel is ported

I had a stainless one a while back and really enjoyed it. Someone offered more than I could refuse ( should have though). It shot excellent and I had no FTF's. The porting did not bother me at night but it was when I was much younger and could see better.

Guest gunslinger707

I have one of those have'nt shot it at night so i can't answer that question.I like mine it shoot's great have'nt had any FTF's or FTE's yet.I did polish the feed ramp when i first got it.It recoil's about like a 9mm to me not bad at all.Springfield also made it in a v-12.

I have the ultra compact (non ported). It's a great looking gun. Fairly accurate with not a ton of kick (for a .45). I've had some problems out of mine and had to have a gunsmith take a look at it. All is well now. The only thing I could say is that I've read about the ported barrel flashing and causing all kinds of vision problems when shot at night. If you need it at night, I would say make the first shot count.

I was offered on on a trade recently but turned it down. I could only find one good review for every 7 bad. Plus for a ccw/home defense gun, the ported option didn't sound like something that I wanted to shoot in the dark.